|Hyvonen, Frida / Until Death Comes|
|Album:||Until Death Comes||Collection:||Out for Review|
|Add Date:||2007-01-28||Pull Date:||2007-04-01|
|Week Ending:||1 Apr||11 Mar||4 Mar||25 Feb||11 Feb||4 Feb|
|1.||Thu, 17 Jul 14:||Eliza Ridgeway and Friends|
|4.||Tue, 27 Feb 07:||canuck|
At the Cafe Canadian
|2.||Wed, 28 Mar 07:||canuck|
I once was canadian
|5.||Wed, 21 Feb 07:||canuck|
I once was Canadian
|3.||Tue, 06 Mar 07:||Edwin and Jenn|
Lost and Found
|6.||Tue, 06 Feb 07:||Edwin and Jenn|
Lost and Found
Quirky Swedish female singer-songwriter, piano-based songs. Reminds me a bit of Rosie Thomas at times, but I’m not overly familiar with the female piano-player/ singer/ songwriter genre. Occasionally it’s overly sentimental, but there are some nice moments on here. |
My picks: 1, 2, 7, 9 FCC: 5
1. upbeat piano song with nice harmony vocals.
2. simple electric piano and vocals. quirky phrasing/ timing. (acoustic) piano throughout the song and stronger at the end
3. med-slow piano ballad
4. med-fast. goes from restrained to unrestrained vocals and back. Sounds almost like a broadway number at times
5. FCC (“cock” multiple times) slow, in waltz-time.
6. dark, med-slow. mostly low in her vocal range. Dissonant bells near the end of the song
7. upbeat and fun. Like Jens Lekman or Belle & Sebastian. Piano, drums, trumpets, clapping
8. slow piano.
9. mid-tempo. electric piano and vocals. great background/ harmony vocals in the second half. Ends with 30 seconds of slide guitar (out of nowhere)
slow, piano ballad.
|1.||I Drive My Friend||6.||Today, Tuesday|
|2.||Djuna!||7.||Come Another Night|
|4.||You Never Got Me Right||9.||The Modern|
|5.||Once I Was A Serene Teenaged Child||10.||Straight Thin Line|