|Swan Lake / Beast Moans|
|Album:||Beast Moans||Collection:||Out for Review|
|Add Date:||2007-01-28||Pull Date:||2007-04-01|
|Week Ending:||1 Apr||25 Mar||18 Mar||11 Mar||4 Mar||25 Feb||18 Feb||11 Feb|
|1.||Fri, 04 Dec 15:||DJ Muscat|
A Visit From Drum (All My Friends Are Animals)
|4.||Tue, 23 Jun 09:||dj noname|
The n00b Hour
|2.||Thu, 04 Jun 15:||DJ Muscat|
A Visit From Drum
|5.||Tue, 29 Apr 08:||canuck|
I once was Canadian
|3.||Fri, 31 May 13:||Baby Gap|
|6.||Tue, 29 Jan 08:||canuck|
I once was Canadian
Indie rock supergroup with noisy, disorienting and experimental elements. Swan Lake consists of Dan Bejar (Destroyer, New Pornographers), Spencer King (Wolf Parade), Cary Mercer (Frog Eyes). Often has disorienting vocals (many slightly off-time on top of one another) and instrumentation (many layers, distorted or echoed). |
My picks 5!, 1, 3, 7, 8 , 12 FCC: 3, 4, 10, 12, 13
1. med-fast. building up guitars and ‘ah’ vocals. layers of keyboards, guitars, drums, vocals.
2. dark and dissonant. acoustic guitar, carnival sounding bells, distorted guitars. Chorus vocals.
3. FCC (“fucked” at 3:42 left) steady guitar as a base with here-and-there guitars and drums over top. Disorienting vocals on top. Ends with noisy distorted guitar
4. FCC (“shit at 3:40 left) starts with heavy bass. Piano here and there throughout in addition to layers of voices, keyboards and guitars
5. med-slow reverbed guitars and vocals. fast-picked guitars under everything. Just a beautiful; one of the best tracks of 2006.
6. Jaunty and yet disorienting. Sounds like a drunken carnival in your nightmare
7. starts just acoustic guitar and vocals. background guitars and piano later.
8. rumbling drums. Prominent organ.
9. med-slow. echoed guitars, organ near the end.
10. FCC (“shit” multiple times)
11. ringing bells, rumbling drums, fast picked guitars
12. FCC (“fucking” at 2:40 and 2:36 left) acoustic guitar alone alternates with more built up parts of the song. nice vocals and melody.
13. FCC (“shit” multiple times) vocals way in the background, so it’s hard to tell. Lots of distortion throughout.