|Gonstermachers, The / Gonstermachers, The|
|Label:||(No Label Information)|
|Add Date:||2007-02-04||Pull Date:||2007-04-08|
|Week Ending:||25 Mar||4 Mar||25 Feb||18 Feb||11 Feb|
|1.||Tue, 27 Feb 07:||Ayshbot and Farmer Flap-Jack|
|4.||Sat, 17 Feb 07:||crisco jones|
press and release
|2.||Mon, 26 Feb 07:||Sans Dosage|
|5.||Thu, 15 Feb 07:||Milkie|
public noize racket
|3.||Sat, 17 Feb 07:||Sadie O.|
New World Disorder
|6.||Sat, 10 Feb 07:||Sadie O.|
New World Disorder
Gonstermachers, The – The Gonstermachers |
Reviewed by Sadie O., 1/29/07
Deep South Blues as processed through dark and disturbed imaginings. There are scary, scary things in those swamps! Think Th’Legendary Shack Shakers, but with more blues and less punk. Then quake, little mortals, and fear the darkness.
No FCCs. Two stars is excellent, 3 stars is disturbingly so.
1. ***slow, loose slide, oddball percussion, dark sounding lyrics, wailing. Gnarly!
2. ***downtempo snakey crawl, groovy bongos, creepy yet loveable.
3. **slightly downtempo rockin’ instrumental shuffle with harmonica, builds energy throughout.
4. **uptempo stomp with slide and handclaps, manic harmonica. Gospel for diseased minds. Modulates until you can’t stand it.
5. ***slow, freaky, oddball percussion, processed and strange vocals HELP ME I’M REALLY SCARED!!
6. **uptempo jitterbug bop with harmonica, only a little deranged. Extremely soft bass solo halfway through.
7. **starts with barroom noises, then great little midtempo syncopated cakewalk, extremely familiar tune.
8. **slow march, should be a bit uplifting, but it really feels like spiders.
9. ***very slow bluesy stroll, zombie dance party.
10. **extremely slow, starts with harmonized “yeah yeah yeah”, then long slow crawl through the blues classic, with harmonica. This is NOT the Cab Calloway version! There is a hearse in the middle of this thing. Mommy!!!
|1.||The Night Sam Cooke Died||6.||Lowdown On The Blowdown|
|2.||My Sister She's Not A Dollar||7.||Danse Les Negres|
|3.||Danse Les Macher||8.||Saint Sebastian|
|4.||Cool Down Here||9.||Gasstationchickendinnerromance|
|5.||Left Handed Man||10.||Saint James Infirmary|