|Add Date:||2007-06-24|| ||Pull Date:||2007-08-26|| ||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||12 Aug||22 Jul||15 Jul||8 Jul||1 Jul|
Solo guitar, between experimental, classical, jazz, metal, and electronics. Each piece very different – comparisons are Lori Freedman’s “3” on actuelleCD, Mr. Bungle? (track 11), Eugene Chadbourne or Derek Bailey at times, and ambient stuff... Overall cool experimental guitar.|
1. Loops, repetition, nice chords, noodling – laid back jazz but virtuosic, playful. Eventually some overdubbing which gets cool – very sharp tone, phase shifts. If you play part of this track, go for the second half.
2. More distortion, looping, effects, at first simple then chaotic, spacey in the middle, many different styles throughout.
3. Ballad, quiet, classical guitar leaning.
4. Rockin. Repeated rhythm, sick chord progression, distortion, echo.
*5. Queasy sliding tuning almost sounds vocal, a couple brief classical-sounding parts.
6. Fast repeated bee rhythm, angry crescendo, lots of electronics.
7. Slow, harmonics, slidey chords, lazy feel, pretty.
8. Strange track... hard plucking, buzzing on the amp, feels a little like compositional wanking.
9. Starts very quiet, electronics, sounds like water bowls, skreaky string sounds, bowing the guitar? – ambient/droney, pretty tones especially toward the end, some really full ones.
*10. Ooh microtones, wavery harmonies, nicely between icky and pretty. Cool extended techniques. Awesome slapping and knocking. Great track.
*11. Metal-y. Big amp’ed sound, feedback, pitch bending, riffage. Pretty melodies between metal jazz blues and classical. Sorta funny.
12. Ooh ambient sleepy chords. 70’s new age dreamy pretty.