|Awesome Color / Awesome Color|
|Add Date:||2007-06-10||Pull Date:||2007-08-12|
|Week Ending:||5 Aug||29 Jul||22 Jul||15 Jul||8 Jul||1 Jul||17 Jun|
|1.||May 19, 2009:||Indie-Flavored Kool-Aid |
|4.||Sep 06, 2007:||logic of love |
|2.||Aug 02, 2008:||Scatterbrain Radio |
|5.||Aug 17, 2007:||Scatterbrain Radio |
|3.||Mar 29, 2008:||Hangtime |
It's Your Time
|6.||Jul 31, 2007:||Time Traveler |
Retro psych blues jams, produced by Sonic Youth’s Thurston Moore. Male vocals and searing leads highlight long jams. Mostly heavy guitars, plus saxes and some electronics. Debut from this young NYC trio that started in Ann Arbor. All songs mid-tempo, powerful, dark. Play with The Heads, Lungfish, Archie Bronson Outfit, Grinderman, Beautiful New Born Children, Cream. Great album. FCC clean. Start with 1, 4, 8. Track 6 is also great.|
==> 1. Swaying, swaggering, hot psych blues. Starts with insistent power guitar chords. Quick fade
2. Vocals evoke Jack Bruce (of Cream). Starts with power guitar riff. Slow fade.
3. Very Blue Cheer. Starts with psych blues arpeggio. Fades on up-glissando guitar note.
==> 4. Off-kilter rhythm and intense vocals that sorta evoke Jim Morrison having a really bad day. Features harmonica. Starts with power chords. Long fade, then a few secs of silence
5. The ghost of Ted Nugent. Features macho testosterone lead guitar. Starts with bass guitar arpeggio. Slows and then long fade.
6. Rolling high-energy psych. Starts with messy drums, then screaming sax. Ends cold, then a second of silence.
7. Hypnotic, dark psych ballad. Starts with monotonous bass figure. Slow fade.
==> 8. No-wave horns over dark ostinato blues bass... plus some sci-fi fx for good measure. Starts with bass guitar figure. Fades on tremolo noise.
|1.||Grown||5.||It's Your Time|
|3.||Free Man||7.||See You Hear You|