|Flipron / Biscuits For Cerberus|
|Album:||Biscuits For Cerberus||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Tiny Dog Records|
|Add Date:||2007-05-13||Pull Date:||2007-07-15|
|Week Ending:||8 Jul||1 Jul||24 Jun||17 Jun||3 Jun||27 May||20 May|
|1.||Mon, 02 Jul 07:||MichaS|
|4.||Mon, 11 Jun 07:||MichaS|
|2.||Wed, 27 Jun 07:||Mr. Sparkle & the Dead Kenny-G|
Never Was Canadian
|5.||Thu, 31 May 07:||Rob|
|3.||Mon, 18 Jun 07:||MichaS|
Intertim duck 2
|6.||Mon, 28 May 07:||Kristle|
Something about music
Vaudville-inspired music from the UK. Pretty difficult to categorize: quirky pop, funky Rock, Blues, some gospel maybe…, influenced by Tom Waits, the Kinks, Syd Barrett, Ennio Morricone, the Specials. Witty and cynical lyrics. Altogether, an imaginative and fun album. This is a second LP for this four-member group, led by singer/songwriter Jesse Budd. Bass/guitar/keyboards(mostly organ)/drums are the backbone, but lots of more alternative instruments appear as well (egg slicer for example). FCC free (unless ass counts, track #4).|
1. Basic 80’s Rockish Pop (Prefab Sprout/Lloyd Cole). Cerberus as a friendly dog.
2. Slow Vaudville with a nice Bluesy shuffle with a slide guitar.
*3. Funky song about growing old. Organ and Harmonica.
*4. Spy movie organ music. Catchy chorus (“my ass is big, my ass is clever”).
*5. The “hit” song. A spy movie Americana. Great catchy chorus.
6. Slow Bluesy funk.
7. A short interlude for an egg-slicer, whistle and cheese-grater.
8. Bluesy harmonica opening to a vaudville accordion-accompanied song.
*9. Slow 70’s Euro-Funky song a la Morricone about Salome.
10. Slow moody jazzy piano (and accordion) waltz. Instrumental.
*11. A relaxed piece. Hawaiian slide guitar and organ, talking about an aging couple.
12. Funky bounce.
*13. A funny instrumental interlude a duet for a wound clock and steel guitar.
14. Slow cool Ziggy Stardust-inspired song.