|Comets On Fire / Avatar|
|Artist:||Comets On Fire||Added:||02/2007|
|Label:||Sub Pop Records|
|Add Date:||2007-04-22||Pull Date:||2007-06-24|
|Week Ending:||17 Jun||3 Jun||27 May||20 May||13 May||6 May||29 Apr|
|1.||Sep 30, 2020:||Some Songs Without Words |
The Swallows Eye
|4.||Aug 12, 2007:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
|2.||Sep 26, 2008:||A2Z |
|5.||Aug 05, 2007:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
|3.||Mar 29, 2008:||Hangtime |
|6.||Jun 16, 2007:||too heavy for titanium |
Comets on Fire: Avatar (Sub Pop)|
Psychedelic hard retro-rock. Most tracks are loud, noisy, Technicolor, psych-monsters (w/a heart of gold). Music a little too busy for easy consumption; songs may consume you instead. Loud guitars, heavy drums, 70s hard rock vox. Macho led zep guitars/Hendrix dramatic dynamics either pulls you along with a sick bass line, or wash over you w/ noise (more often the latter). Some quieter Queen moments. Play w/Dungen. I could not discern any Fccs.
Play #1, 6, 2, 3
1) 7:48 – starts suddenly. Quick free-jazz frenzy w/psychedelic aesthetic (guitars + vox). Cool rock bass line. Sick 60s psych guitar melodies + rhythm. Swirling retro electronic effects. Intense, fast, bludgeons you in the head. Kind prog-ish in business, but more visceral. Lots of little sections give way unto each other.
2) 6:09 – bluesy bass line that struts through whole affair. quick “cool” drumming. Toned down electric guitar melodies trickle along. Subdued bluesy vox, gets louder halfway through, when whole song picks up intensity. Sick howling guitar lines. Dies done w/ minute left, w/electro bird song + buzzing.
3) 7:03 –slower, more soulful. Queen electric guitar. light piano. mid-tempo. Picks up 2/3 way through w/pretty guitar + vox +piano parallel melody. Lots of sudden stopts/starts. Builds.
4) 6:53 –loud, soaring rock. stars w/distant, reverb smothered guitar….then gets epic + loud. Swirling psychedelic guitar squeals.
5) 2:49 –Loud, intense, driving rock. Crazy guitar solos.
6) 8:47 –repetitive, mid-tempo guitar groove. Pentatonic funk. Organs melody.
7) 6:08 –slower. Soft piano. soulful bluesy vox. Sweeping, but not as elaborate as other tracks. Gets quieter. Searing, distant guitars near end.
|1.||Dogwood Rust||4.||The Swallows Eye|
|3.||Lucifer's Memory||6.||Soup Smoke|
|7.||Hatched Upon The Age|