|Cougar / Law|
|Add Date:||2007-05-27||Pull Date:||2007-07-29|
|Week Ending:||8 Jul||10 Jun||3 Jun|
|1.||Fri, 21 Oct 16:||DJ McGriddle & Kray Bae Bae|
The Road Trip
|4.||Wed, 04 Jun 14:||Young Mick|
Funk to Folk
|2.||Wed, 11 May 16:||DJ McGriddle|
funk to fiddle
|5.||Sat, 07 Jul 07:||the BIG CHIEF|
On The Warpath
|3.||Wed, 20 Apr 16:||DJ McGriddle|
funk to fiddle
|6.||Thu, 05 Jul 07:||michaelu|
Gavin will be back
Tender, simple filmic vamp jams. Chord-based instrumental riffs with standard rock instrumentation, a few glitchy samples, and sparse, careful variation. Pleasant sounding throughout, with a generally low energy and nothing too aurally challenging. Music to listen to while sitting on a swing; summery and lazy|
FCC Clean (All instrumental)
My picks: 4, 12, 3, 14
See also: Do Make Say Think, Four Tet, Boards of Canada, Hammock
1. 5:37 - Acoustic vamp; spoken sound samples slowly creep in. Builds, drums enter proper at -3:54. Picks up energy at -2:25. Short, quiet breaks throughout. Cold stop.
2. 0:48 - Plodding, old-timey shuffle interlude. Very low energy.
*3. 5:06 - Picked guitar intro for 35 sec., then brushed drums and sweeping cymbals. Groove slowly shifts and builds, with some tasteful scratching noises in the bg to round things out. Acoustic outro fades last 0:20.
***4. 4:01 - Raspy electronic percussion groove over guitar. More electronic stuff going on here and it sounds great, with especially nice section changes. 5-sec. out.
5. 3:30 - Water sounds intro into acoustic guitar instrumental. 6-sec. out.
6. 0:47 - Bouncy electronic interlude with odd vocal samples. Fades out.
7. 5:32 - Smooth jazzish guitar into ticking vamp over a bed of quietly crunching ticks. Sections of mid and lower energy, with a few power chord breaks. Comes back around to opening riff at end. 5-sec. out.
8. 0:42 - Distantly percussive interlude.
9. 4:28 - Minor chords and close-mic'ed scratchy percussion sounds. 7-sec out.
10. 0:35 - Bassy and percussive interlude in 12/8.
11. 5:19 - Simple chord vamp and variations. Shimmery cymbals and clockwork percussion. Some short, very quiet breaks. Gets more experimental towards end. Vamp fades last 0:20.
**12. Fade-in timpani roaring then upbeat picked acoustic guitar and piano. Interesting ringing percussion under swiftly changing vamp. Vaguely urban sounding, with grinding samples and chimes, then majestic as strings enter. Sounds rather like Silver Mt. Zion. Cold stop at -0:01
13. 0:59 - Sparse gamelan interlude.
*14. 3:40 - Ambling post-rock jam, turns noisy and majestic at -1:01. 13-sec. out.
15. 0:47 - Brief, quiet closer.
|5.||Interracial Dating||12.||Black Dove|