|Album:||Messthetics #101: D.I.Y. 77-81 London I||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Feb 2007|
|Label:||Hyped 2 Death|
|Add Date:||2007-04-08||Pull Date:||2007-06-10|
|Week Ending:||Jun 10||Jun 3||May 27||May 20||May 13||May 6||Apr 29||Apr 22|
|1.||Jun 13, 2013:||VOLCANO RADIO: THE FINAL SHAZAM
|4.||Jan 15, 2010:||FLASHBANGS AND SCARVES
|2.||Jun 23, 2011:||Crailslide
This Week, Machine Gun, I Don't Wanna Work For British Airways
|5.||Mar 23, 2009:||PACC Appreciation Show
|3.||Mar 21, 2010:||FLASH BANG RADIO - SPRANG BREAK!
|6.||May 15, 2008:||The Courtesy Flush
Two Wasted Years
Play 5, 2, 1, 6, 7, 20, 22, 12
1. Jungly guitars. Punk edge. Rocking. “I don’t want to work for British Airways no more”.
2. Think Wire with infectious synth-wave lines. DIVINE and ORGASMIC!
3. Gang of Four bass groove with chaotic synth noise effects. Prosaic vocals.
4. Very pre-Mission of Burma/Fugazi.
5. Fucking amazing! By the band that gave rise to the Homosexuals. Punky with no wavy piano and tongue in cheek Catholic mass lyrics.
6. Rhythmically edgy with dub-y guitars. The Clash.
7. Organ-driven! Jumpy indie pop. “compulsive eater munches his way to freedom”.
8. Dark punk. Siouxsie and the Banshees.
9. Infectious synth-wave-y gem.
10. Woah… trips me out. Racing rhythm. Circus music.
11. Television personalities. Acoustic strings. Children song chorus.
12. Female happy go-lucky garage punker. Aislers Set meets the Raincoats.
13. Sparse, bitter and psychedelic.
14. Acoustic rhythm guitar. Psych.
15. Reverb central. Very psychedelic and dark. Think Syd Barrett.
16. Mid tempo Velvet Underground-ish.
17. This reminds me of Neutral Milk Hotel.
18. Gosh… this reminds me of (post-Beatles) John Lennon.
19. Dark and gothy. Siouxsie and Banshees. 20. Infectiously catchy song with great bass lines.
21. Theatrical. Improv. Avant Garde.
22. Stripped down sing along of the Television Personalities classic.