Gorgeous music from Central America (Belize & Nicaragua) that’s a rich blend of African and the Caribbean musical influences. Lyrics in Garifuna (an endangered language). The music is soulful and folksy with elements of blues & rock, but firmly rooted in its cultural heritage. Read the notes and play it all. Great stuff!
*1. Midtempo & moving w/catchy melody & great vox.
2. Midtempo & slightly bluesy w/great guitar & whining chorus.
*3. Upbeat and very catchy w/a great beat/melody. So nice.
4. Relaxed & respectful Garifuna hymn w/soaring vox.
*5. Fun, bright & bouncy. Extra good vocals w/light island feel.
6. A sweet, somewhat gentle sound w/light perc & warm vocals.
*7. Mid/upbeat, rockin story of man being locked out by wife.
8. Slow, simple w/heartfelt vocals. A touch of blues.
9. Midtempo voice and percussion. Then recorded voices.
*10. Upbeat and spirited w/light funk touches & lots of style.
11. Great old man vox, a growl/warble. Slow, sad.
12. Bright & swaying, a lively, warm story of heritage.