|Noiseshaper / Real To Reel|
|Album:||Real To Reel||Collection:||Reggae|
|Add Date:||2007-02-25||Pull Date:||2007-04-29||Charts:||RPM/Electronica, Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||22 Apr||15 Apr||8 Apr||1 Apr||25 Mar||18 Mar||11 Mar||4 Mar|
|1.||Mon, 25 Feb 19:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
|4.||Mon, 27 May 13:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
Happy Hour (Coverin' for PACC on Memorial Day)
|2.||Mon, 02 Jul 18:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
|5.||Thu, 24 Jan 13:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
|3.||Mon, 25 May 15:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
|6.||Thu, 08 Nov 12:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
Noiseshaper – Real to Reel (Miracle Sounds)|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 2/18/07
Terrific electronic dub Reggae from Germany, remixed by Adrian Sherwood in London, featuring scads of great guest vocalists. Many cuts run together (at least from about track 6 til near the end), many start out with rather random electronics and get a beat after a few seconds. I love this record, aaaight?!
No FCCs detected; often hard to make out lyrics. There is a lot of fantastic sound on this CD – I like 1, 8 and 13, but all the stuff with 3 and 4 starts is excellent, and there’s nothing I didn’t enjoy.
1. 5:24 *****sitar-ish intro, bouncy midtempo riddim, fun dancehall vocals. This is also on the Dub Selector 3 comp we already have.
2. 5:09 ****midtempo dubby bump riddim, great attitudinal vocals from Ari Up.
3. 5:20 ****mellow tabla intro, melodica, downtempo and relaxed… gets into a slightly upbeat electronic nyahbinghi groove with sweet Rasta rap.
4. 5:43 **spacey electronica intro, then downtempo roots rock riddim with electronics, ethereal vocals.
5. 3:40 ***quiet electronic wind intro, then electronic whooshes and driving uptempo dance riddim. No vocals, dubby.
6. 5:23 *random electronics intro, relaxed midtempo skank, soulful female vocals. Song runs into the next track.
7. 4:24 ***relaxed midtempo dub skank/dance, sweet male toast about music. Fun oddball noises.
8. 4:16 *****random electronic intro, bit of Rasta preaching, then downtempo roots electronic dub, great growly noises, melodica. Cooool! Last few seconds is completely different riddim, leads in to next cut.
9. 2:55 ****downtempo bubble, soulful baritone singing.
10. 3:06 **dubbed out acoustic guitar intro, male dancehall singing, relaxed midtempo dub skank.
11. 4:09 *random electronics, midtempo subdued electronic dub but with occasional big noises.
12. 5:30 ****slightly uptempo dub skank, classic style anti-gun toast, remix of a cut from their “Rough Out There” CD
13. 4:15 *****starts with a bit of Rasta preaching, midtempo skank with female chorus, great syncopated beat, cool bits of vocals and melodica coming from all directions.
14. 3:48 ****midtempo roots rock skank, great chanting and other vocals. Great sound!
15. 3:49 **pretty, happy relaxed bounce, positive rap, sweet and a bit poppy but positive vibe.
16. 4:43 **electronic boops intro, downtempo one-drop riddim, very dubbed up with bits of pretty vocals.