|Turbulence / Do Good|
|Label:||Minor 7 Flat 5|
|Add Date:||2007-03-04||Pull Date:||2007-05-06||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||22 Apr||15 Apr||8 Apr||1 Apr||25 Mar||18 Mar||11 Mar|
|1.||Jan 06, 2020:||Everything (last hour edited for best of show 6-15-20) |
Too Much Killin'
|4.||Apr 14, 2007:||New World Disorder |
|2.||Jul 02, 2011:||New World Disorder |
Marihuana (Northern Lights Rmx)
|5.||Apr 13, 2007:||Living Souls [sub for Wedge] |
|3.||Apr 21, 2007:||New World Disorder |
|6.||Apr 07, 2007:||New World Disorder |
Too Much Killin'
Turbulence – Do Good|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 2/28/07
BWOH! BWOH! Turbulence is back with hot roots rock reggae and half crazed singing! Fine real roots reggae riddims, and Turbulence’s undefinable half-singing half nutted dancehall toasting vocal style. Damned entertaining stuff.
No FCCs detected (half incomprehensible anyway). I like 10 and 14, the latter of which is just plain bizarre. Everything is great!
1. 3:56 ***Horns hit right off, then midtempo roots rock bubble. Subdued guitars, bold horns, simple production – often just keyboard bubble and vocals. Still skank-worthy, fine dancehall preaching.
2. 3:30 ***big dramatic intro, strong stepping razor skank, great vocals and chorus
3. 3:56 **gospel intro, Luciano preaching. Then rather downtempo very-gospel influenced riddim with Luciano’s gorgeous singing, very sweet dancehall singing from Turbulence, and gospel chorus.
4. 3:55 ***sweet midtempo bubble, great instrumental sound, great singing by Turbulence, upfull lyrics.
5. 4:06 **much the same riddim as track 4, pretty love song.
6. 3:41 ***strong intro, slightly downtempo roots bubble with dubby overtones, strong lyrics.
7. 4:13 **helicopter noises, talking and piano chords intro, midtempo syncopated but rather subdued dancehall comes in after about 40 seconds. Lots of weird noises after a while – definitely an odd mix.
8. 3:47 ***bouncy midtempo roots bubble, sweet sound, strong vocals & female chorus.
9. 3:37 ***odd little baroque and chatting intro, then rather uptempo dancehall wiggle with bells and boops. Definitely a unique riddim!
10. 3:46 ****relaxed random intro transforms into rather uptempo skank after a few seconds, bouncy and fun riddim, rather manic dancehall-style toast mixed with bits of sweet singing.
11. 3:21 ***bwoh! Slinky midtempo groove with a bit of middle eastern horn, great beat, hyperspeed rap bewailing war.
12. 3:39 **sweet downtempo Lover’s Rock with great bounce, love song. I think he’s trying to be Barry White, but he’s too nutted to carry it off.
13. 3:31 **dubby intro, lots of preaching. Downtempo skank with dubby bits, strong singing.
14. 4:09 ****farty noises, randomosity, crazed yelling, electronic riddim with a bit of nyahbinghi, random, stoned yet manic, almost free-form jazz. Hooray for marijuana!
|2.||Do Good||9.||Move On (Feat. Higher Trod Family)|
|3.||Freedom Train (Feat. Luciano)||10.||Facts|
|4.||I Believe||11.||Too Much Killin'|
|5.||Bright Eyes||12.||Next Flight|
|6.||We Deserve||13.||Give Thanx|
|7.||Good Time||14.||Marihuana (Northern Lights Rmx)|