|Venetian Snares / Pink + Green|
|Album:||Pink + Green||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2007-04-22||Pull Date:||2007-06-24||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||27 May||20 May||13 May||6 May||29 Apr|
|1.||Fri, 06 Jul 07:||the id|
Multiple Personality Disorder
|4.||Wed, 16 May 07:||mike|
Baptism of Solitude
|2.||Wed, 23 May 07:||chizzy|
Eran Mukamel (Sunday night at the opera)
|5.||Wed, 09 May 07:||Benjie|
Trip Over Zero
|3.||Thu, 17 May 07:||Rob|
|6.||Wed, 09 May 07:||chizzy|
Eran Mukamel ('tardcore)
Frenetic, in-your-face electronic/drill ‘n bass. Venetian Snares is one of the premier names in breakcore (fast/complex/dense electronic music). He isn’t breaking new ground here, but his jackhammer beats and twisted samples still command your attention and make you twitchy like none other. There’s less emphasis on overpowering noise than there was on some of his previous albums. He’s more focused on unsettling and jarring you.|
PICKS: 1, 2 FCC: 3 (don’t play, even in safe harbor)
1. (3:14) high-energy, frenetic, disorienting. Hits you straight up with a wall of demented distorted vocals and beats. not overpoweringly noisy, but pretty jarring. even has a chorus of sorts.
2. (4:24) smooth and cool beat, sounds like a back-alley chase scene in some futuristic spy movie. the focus is definitely on the beats, but atmospheric synths add to the futuristic quality.
3. (3:45) FCCs DO NOT PLAY (“get you fucked up!” ad nauseum)
4. (5:02) more subdued but more ominous version of #1, without the wall of noise approach. drums sound a lot crisper, and the vocals are used more sparingly. less interesting overall than #1.
5. (5:45) choppy vocal samples and pounding bass drum that reminds me of Winnipeg is a Frozen Shithole, except this track is much less gabber-y. very disconnected feel, never really grooves.
|1.||Pink + Green||3.||Husikam Rave Dojo|
|2.||Nutimik||4.||Pink + Green Vip|
|5.||Sporto Fucking Sellout Cocksuckerface|