|Beenie Man / Undisputed|
|Artist:||Beenie Man||Added:||May 2007|
|Label:||Virgin Records America|
|Add Date:||2007-05-13||Pull Date:||2007-07-15||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Jul 15||Jul 8||Jul 1||Jun 17||Jun 10||Jun 3||May 20|
|1.||Jul 14, 2007:||New World Disorder |
Fire (Feat. Voltio & Randy)
|4.||Jul 04, 2007:||The Adventurer's Choice |
|2.||Jul 11, 2007:||The Adventurer's Choice |
|5.||Jun 15, 2007:||The Adventurer's Choice |
Set You Free
|3.||Jul 07, 2007:||New World Disorder |
|6.||Jun 09, 2007:||New World Disorder |
Beenie Man – Undisputed|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 5/3/07
The Dancehall King’s latest. This is the clean version - -the dirty version must have been REALLY dirty, too. Cleaned at source, just vocal cutouts, no beeps. Mostly electronic dancehall riddims, but one roots skank, one rave riddim, and one really nice reggaeton.
FCCs meticulously scrubbed. Try 2, 7-9, 13. I hate 14…
1. **midtempo roots skank, interesting production ranging from orchestral to electronic bloops with a bit of fuzzy record noises. Boasting lyrics. Ends a bit shy with just fuzzy record noises.
2. ***uptempo dancehall butt-wiggler with rather martial edge. There’s a hint of Land of 1000 Dances, too.
3. **uptempo electronic dancehall, very aggressive sound, LOTS of bits where FCCs were cleaned – obviously a song about Very Naughty Things, if you could make out a word of it…
4. *midtempo dancehall, nice riddim but rather commercial.
5. *uptempo electronic dancehall, aggressive sound, bits of very generic female vocals.
6. **midtempo dancehall – I keep wanting the riddim to resolve itself somehow. Lots and lots of cleanup work here, too.
7. ***uptempo electronic dancehall – boasting, all on one note, but fun.
8. ****uptempo minimalist dancehall riddim, lots of wacky vocal noises – fun.
9. *****downtempo reggaeton – irresistible riddim, several voices.
10. **uptempo rave riddim with lots of vocal noises, hyper rap.
11. **uptempo dancehall
12. **midtempo dancehall, nice bouncy riddim with guest vocals by today’s big dancehall queen. A bit longer than warranted…
13. ***somewhat uptempo drumline riddim, hyperactive rap.
14. midtempo skank, love song, very produced. Beenie should stick to bragging…