|Ferrer, Ibrahim / Mi Sueno|
|Artist:||Ferrer, Ibrahim||Added:||May 2007|
|Add Date:||2007-05-20||Pull Date:||2007-07-22||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Jul 22||Jul 15||Jul 8||Jul 1||Jun 24||Jun 17||Jun 10||Jun 3|
|1.||May 20, 2008:||The Professor Barnaby J. Finkerton Variety Hour -- Music that Appears to be of L |
Dos Almas, Quizas, Quizas, Convergencia
|4.||Jul 10, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|2.||Jul 20, 2007:||No Cover, No Minimum |
|5.||Jul 04, 2007:||Eran Mukamelusa (coma) |
|3.||Jul 13, 2007:||No Cover, No Minimum |
|6.||Jul 03, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
The Buena Vista Social club lead singer died in 2005 at the age of 78. This is what he was working on at the time of his death. A collection of sexy, sophisticated Cuban boleros. These ballads are achingly beautiful, made even more so by some BVSC cohorts plus other, equally skilled musicians. This is elegant, late-night jazz seduction, one star each track. All relaxed, all romantic, all wonderful. His voice is old, but emotional, moving, and evocative. Sigh…..|
1. Slow & sensual. Really lovely.
2. Melodic and moving w/a sweet piano solo adding a touch of jazz.
3. More midtempo w/sweet percussion & a warm, relaxed melody.
4. Cool use of electric guitar/bass, lightly swaying & so good.
5. Sweet, relaxed w/lyrical piano, light perc, a soft jazz seduction.
6. Light and warm w/a slight cha-cha feel and sweet orchestration.
7. Soft & gentle blend of vox/piano/bass. Slow, sweet, warm.
8. Gentle harp, piano, perc guide this slow & easy love song.
9. Delicious Cuban-spiced mid. jazz version of the classic, Perfidia.
10. Lightly swaying w/elec. guitar/clarinet/piano. Bright & dishy.
11. Slow version of a standard. Duet w/Omara Portuondo.
12. Relaxed cha-cha-esque w/a deliciously swaying feeling.
|2.||Si Te Contara||8.||Quiereme Mucho|
|3.||Melodia Del Rio||9.||Perfidia|
|4.||Cada Noche Un Amor||10.||Copla Cuajira|