|Cloud Cult / Meaning Of 8, The|
|Album:||Meaning Of 8, The||Collection:||Out for Review|
|Add Date:||2007-05-20||Pull Date:||2007-07-22|
|Week Ending:||22 Jul||10 Jun||3 Jun||27 May|
|1.||Wed, 20 Jul 16:||ChieflyChris|
Viewer Discretion is Advised
|4.||Wed, 02 Sep 09:||Witz|
Live From Six Feet Underground
|2.||Sun, 21 Mar 10:||Trent Kay|
Lovable Characters, Stupid Dialogue
|5.||Sun, 12 Jul 09:||Joker|
|3.||Fri, 30 Oct 09:||KyleM|
|6.||Thu, 19 Jul 07:||Natalie|
At Your Local Dive
Eclectic fully orchestrated and quirky indie pop often with strong vocal harmonies. 7th(?) release from this Minnesota band. Fully orchestrated at parts with a wide variety of instruments. Emphasis on harmony vocals. Overly earnest vocals at times. Often multi-parted songs. This is the sort of album, I’m sure some people find amazing. It’s a good listen, in my opinion. |
-Adrian FCC: clean?
my picks: 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 14, 16
1. starts with drums and percussion. horrible use of tanpura pisses me off. once that's done, a nice song
2. dancey indie rock. chunky guitars. fun song.
3. med-slow and hypnotic. more rocky part about halfway through.
4. soft intro. builds throughout song.
5. slow. fuzzed out guitars. nice breakdown with glockenspiel.
6. med-fast. tremelo strings. keyboards, guitars. nice breakdown with glockenspiel (oops! a pattern!). really pretty ending.
7. med-slow. simmering under the surface
8. med-slow. sparse. builds. nice chorus vocals.
9. short. meandering. scary voice.
10. mid tempo. distorted guitars and keyboards. nice piano part in the middle.
11. med-fast. keyboards, guitars and drums. darkens as the song goes on.
12. heavily distorted guitars.
13. med-slow. almost hip-hopish beat. guitars, keyboards, honky-tonky piano
14. bed of distorted guitars with vocals on top. nice woodwinds and strings later in the song.
15. starts with voice over a beat. strings and chunky beat after that. ends with some atmospheric sounds
16. med-fast. just a nice pop tune with quick vocals.
17. folksy guitar strum. straight ahead.
18. starts soft. grows to be full and rocky.
19. [hidden track]. nothing on it, I think.
|2.||Please Remain Calm||11.||A Good God|
|3.||Chemicals Collide||12.||Shape Of 8|
|4.||Pretty Voice||13.||The Girl Underground|
|6.||Take Your Medicine||15.||Thanks|
|7.||Your 8th Birthday||16.||Alien Christ|
|8.||Dance For The Dead||17.||The Deaf Girl's Song|
|9.||Everywhere All At One Time||18.||Hope|