|Illinois / What The Hell Do I Know?|
|Album:||What The Hell Do I Know?||Collection:||Out for Review|
|Label:||Ace Fu Records|
|Add Date:||2007-05-13||Pull Date:||2007-07-15|
|Week Ending:||15 Jul||10 Jun||3 Jun||27 May||20 May|
|1.||Dec 01, 2011:||A Family Affair |
|4.||Jul 12, 2007:||At Your Local Dive |
One On One
|2.||Jan 13, 2009:||I once was Canadian |
|5.||Jun 06, 2007:||I once was Canadian |
|3.||Feb 19, 2008:||I once was Canadian |
|6.||Jun 01, 2007:||Something about music |
One On One
EP of eclectic indie pop from this Pennsylvania band. A wide range of instrumentation, but lots of distorted guitars, drums and a fair share of bass, piano, banjo, etc. I find this EP a bit inconsistent, but the great parts are wonderful. |
My picks 1(!!), 3, 4 FCC: clean
1. perfect pop tune. med-slow, piano-based with guitar lead. nice “bah” vocals.
2. bluesey banjo, crunchy electro beat. semi-shouted vocals.
3. Sunshiney piano. Reminds me of Wilco’s poppier moments. Pizzicato violins in the background. fade-out ending.
4. strong drum beat with fuzzed out guitars on top.
5. folksy guitar strum, fuzz bass, drums make a pop tune.
6. big beginning, drops back for the vocals.
big beat and far off spoken vocals.
|1.||Alone Again||4.||One On One|
|3.||What Can I Do For You||6.||Headphones|