sunshiney choral/ orchestral indie pop from this giant (29 member) Swedish collective. Wide range of instruments and with many vocalists, often at once. Play with the more over-the-top Jens Lekman or with other large choral/ orchestral indie pop groups (Polyphonic Spree). This puts a big grin on my face. It’s over-the-top, but not too far over.
My picks: 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12 FCC: clean
1. starts with alarm clock beep. big poppy opener. great interweaved vocals. has chimes!
2. med-slow and more subdued. 80s reminiscent electro-ish drum beat. lots of “bah bah” vocals. cutesy naming of countries around the world
3. mid-tempo and upbeat. group chorus vocals.
4. ukulele, big drums and lots of voices. bad half-rhymes, but really catchy none-the-less.
5. trumpet and ukulele. not without energy, but more subdued than some songs.
6. vocals over drums to start. goes into half-time then alternates fast and slow.
7. med-slow. strummed guitar, organ. once again lots of voices
8. med-slow. electro-ish drum beat, tape-fast-forwarding sounds, block piano.
9. falsetto vocals, clapping, straight ahead drum beat
10. upbeat strummed guitar and a straight ahead drum beat.
11. starts with trumpets. subdued, gruff lead vocals.
12. upbeat, med-tempo. motivational singing. trumpets, group vocals.
13. med-slow. subdued.