|Ozkent, Mustafa / Genclik Ile Elele|
|Album:||Genclik Ile Elele||Collection:||World|
|Add Date:||2007-06-24||Pull Date:||2007-08-26||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||26 Aug||19 Aug||12 Aug||5 Aug||29 Jul||22 Jul||15 Jul||8 Jul|
|1.||Sep 22, 2021:||Some Songs Without Words |
Dolana Ay Dolana
|4.||Jul 28, 2013:||New World Disorder |
|2.||Aug 26, 2020:||Some Songs Without Words |
Dolana Ay Dolana
|5.||Mar 25, 2011:||New World Disorder |
|3.||Sep 22, 2015:||9-22-2015 |
Zeytinyagli Yiyemem, Emmoglu
|6.||Jul 24, 2010:||New World Disorder |
Ozkent, Mustafa – Genclik ile Elele|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 6/4/07
“Anadolu (Anatolian) Pop un Dr. Frankenstayn” – I think that says it all, really. I know that Ozkent has been a mega-pop-star in Turkey for decades, but I can’t read Turkish so I can’t tell you much else. Anyway, it’s instrumentals, and it COOKS. There’s a 60’s super groovy feel to the whole disk.
No words. 5 and 7 are INSANE, every track is amazing…
1. 2:02 **jaunty 60’s spy movie feel with a wicked back beat, gnarly keyboards.
2. 2:56 **chugging drums, psychedelic guitar. Drum solo!
3. 4:36 ***wowzers – hyperspeed drums, farfisa… whoooo!
4. 2:55 ***funky strut, nice guitar and keyboard. It could stand to have more bass – the drum has to really carry it.
5. 3:02 *****uptempo syncopation and lots of keyboards. Nice bass on this one, sheesh! Fuzz guitar… yeah, baby! Crazy!
6. 2:18 ***similar to track 5, but with more keyboards and less fuzz.
7. 3:55 ****uptempo funk, a bit jazzy in the keyboards, sweet lead guitar, Blaxploitation rhythm guitar, bongos. Vibraphone! Jeeeeze!
8. 3:36 **uptempo, psychedelic guitar and keyboards. This stuff is nuts!
9. 2:24 **cowbell, bass, keyboard, and serious funk..
10. 3:03 **uptempo and dramatic, hyperspeed drums, bass and keyboards. Drum solo! Damn, I’m totally worn out…
|1.||Uskudara Giderken||6.||Carsabayi Sel Aldi|
|2.||Burcak Tarlasi||7.||Zeytinyagli Yiyemem|
|3.||Dolana Ay Dolana||8.||Silifkenin Yogurdu|
|4.||Karadir Kaslarin||9.||Lorke Lorke|