|Various Artists / Just One More: A Tribute To Larry Brown|
|Album:||Just One More: A Tribute To Larry Brown||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2008-03-30||Pull Date:||2008-06-01|
|Week Ending:||27 Apr||6 Apr|
|1.||Apr 26, 2008:||Deep Fried & Sanctified |
|2.||Mar 30, 2008:||Noise for your soul |
Song In C
Various/ Just One More: A Musical Tribute to Larry Brown|
Bloodshot Records 2007 Review: Andrea
Mix of singer songwriters with rough voices, you get the feeling they all share their view of the world with the novelist and music journalist Larry Brown whom they pay tribute to here. All you need is something in your pocket to warm the night air as it slides down your throat. Tends to the melancholic…
1) 4:05 Slow country.
2) 3:32 Mid-tempo, slightly bouncy.
3) 5:00 Slow 70s country feel, this song roughly references Larry Brown.
4) 3:46 **Slow, builds to a bluegrass vibe, this one references one of Brown’s characters. I love the vocals and writing on this track.
5) 6:06 ** Starts slow and low. Brown used to sit in with Escovedo from time to time. Live.
6) 3:34 mid-tempo bouncy carousing song, tending to the country. Weird talking instruments…
7) 6:54 Slow mellow harmonica.
8) 4:15 Slow mid, alt. country vibe.
9) 3:19 * Slow, bluesy stroll number. Best gravelly voiced number on the release.
10) 5:04 Slow, low and a bit plodding.
11) 2:49 Slow, rock waltz sung with a country twang. Good vocals and lyrics.
12) 2:12 Up, very country TN Johnny Cash would have done this proud.
13) 2:37 ** Mid, rock, duet reminiscent of the B-52s. Unexpected in the midst of all this twang. Dark lyrics.
14) 2:57 Slow and plodding.
15) 7:04 *** Slow, lyrical, different arrangement than we are used to from Chestnutt. Very pretty.
16) 3:08 *** Great gospel rock blues number.
17) 4:13 Slow duet
18) 3:22 FCC “horseshit”, “chickenshit”, and “bullshit”. Starts with talking and then Larry Brown himself does this one. Goofy song.