|Album:||Das Theater Der Wiederholungen||Collection:||Classical|
|Artist:||Lang, Bernhard||Added:||Jun 2007|
|Add Date:||2007-06-24||Pull Date:||2007-08-26||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||Aug 12||Jul 22||Jul 15||Jul 8||Jul 1|
|1.||Apr 24, 2010:||Music Casserole
|4.||Jul 21, 2007:||Cognitive Overload
|2.||Aug 11, 2007:||Cognitive Overload
|5.||Jul 18, 2007:||Eran Mukamel (proto-lesbian rock)
Die Schwarze Wand 2
|3.||Aug 10, 2007:||Baptism of Solitude
|6.||Jul 14, 2007:||Cognitive Overload
Happiness Is A By-Product Of Function
1-7 in French, dark.
*1. Acapella, cool. Laughing starts. Lots of rhythmic vocals.
2. Full orchestra, hammering, male vox. Least fav track.
*3. Starts close to Stockhausen’s Stimmung, industrial-sounding.
*4. Starts droney, quiet. Dark/covered-sounding vox join, serial killer violin. Unique, nice dynamic swells. Nice organ in the middle.
5. Church of satan? Female vox + electronics, dark, some prog.
*6. Fiery violin + orchestra, psychotic, hiccup male vox.
*7. Catchy female choir starts, beauuuuutiul, acapella.
8-11 (and 1-3 on Disc 2): based on Burroughs. Bizarre lyrics, lots of prog sounds.
8. “The only thing that could unite the planet is a united space program...” Spoken vox, prog/classical/jazz.
*9. Theatrical, clearly Burroughs, funny, proggy, silly, nuts, over-the-top.
10. Fucking funny – way out music. Maybe not FCC ok – penis, genitals, fuck – only the very end is for sure an audible “fuck”.
**11. Instrumental grinding classical/prog/jazz. No-wave classical???? Cool.
1-3: Burroughs text.
**1. The way the (bizarre) words are sung... holy crap, just beautiful. I really think you can get away with the repeated “smooth cock.” I really do. Best lyrics, this track. Other fav parts – “phosphorescent excrement” and “mollusk”.
2. Prog keys/guitars/bass/vibes, covered alto tone, creepy electronics?
3. More prog, sprechgesang, groovy, wow.
4-10: Mostly dark, full, creepy 20th century classical-sounding, almost free-jazz. Texts based on the Nuremberg trials and reports from concentration camps.
*4. Grating, lots of different vocal techniques.
*5. Grating, creepy but beautiful. Cool bassoon with poetic German baritone. Holy crap – this one’s a ride.
6. Slower. Sliding drony string start, microtonal choir joins. Ligeti comes to mind. Loud ending.
7. Slow start, dissonant, fairly quiet, tense, pretty singing.
*8. Beautiful violin work, skittery, over drone rhythm in strings and vox. Big ending.
9. A dark, city-sounding march; middle sounds like free jazz. Fucking creepy words, in German, from the Nuremberg trials.
10. Dense and creaky/broken-sounding, choir and full orchestra. Repetition sounds a little John Adams. Gas chamber sound ends the work.