|Callas, The / Diy Or Die|
|Album:||Diy Or Die||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2007-07-01||Pull Date:||2007-09-02|
|Week Ending:||2 Sep||19 Aug||5 Aug||29 Jul||22 Jul||15 Jul||8 Jul|
|1.||Thu, 06 Mar 08:||Gears|
|4.||Thu, 02 Aug 07:||Riina & Murray|
|2.||Mon, 27 Aug 07:||Gears|
|5.||Wed, 01 Aug 07:||DJ Narwhal w/ DJ Dystopia|
I'm sometimes Canadian
|3.||Tue, 14 Aug 07:||Edwin|
Lost and Found
|6.||Thu, 26 Jul 07:||Riina & Murray|
|Elias (Dr Furious)|
Super fun, dance-y LO-FI POP with garage rock edge from Athens, Greece. This brotherly duo channels Billy Childish, Television Personalities, the Gories through the lo-fi pop sensibilities of Magnetic Fields. In contrast to their previous demo CD, this official full length album “rocks out” with sped-up tempos, noisy (sometimes quasi-electroclashy) keyboards, and kick-ass inventive vocal interplays. If this was not on their own DIY label, it would have been on the Swami and Bomp! labels. Got that sound quality. Play it with Dan Sartain, the Husbands, the A-lines, the Okmoniks, Mr Airplane Man, Hot Snakes, Detroit Cobras. IMHO… one of the best “indie-pop” albums of the year. |
Play 9, 1, 3, 4, 7, 11
1. Grimy fast garage punker with post-punk synth.
2. FCCs. Too bad cuze this rocks! Especially, the electroclashy keys (it’s like the Numbers meeting Billy Childish)
3. Catchy power pop with a second guitar that sounds like Brian Jones’ (Rolling Stones ca. mid 60s) psychedelic licks. This tune may remind you of the Strokes. “Get up and do something… DIY or die”.
4. Bouncy, dance-y with seductive guitar lines and exotic organ-sounding keys. Vocal chants.
5. Silly (borderline bubble-gum) catchy indie-pop tune.
6. FCCs (fucking/pissing). Straight up, fast, garage-punker.
7. A garage-punker with hand-claps and synth beep-beeps.
8. Melancholic/sad drony song. Somber and dark in steady mid tempo.
9. This song makes me dance by spinning in circles. It’s freaking awesome. Especially the vocals... layers of half-spoken and half-sung lyrics in sassy Greek boy accents. Yummy!
10. Melancholic song. It really reminds me of Dan Sartain (Swami Records)
11. 32 seconds of a balls-out lofi punker.