|Toure, Daby / Stereo Spirit|
|Label:||Real World Records|
|Add Date:||2007-08-05||Pull Date:||2007-10-07||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||7 Oct||23 Sep||16 Sep||2 Sep||12 Aug|
|1.||Oct 02, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|4.||Sep 11, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|2.||Sep 18, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|5.||Sep 09, 2007:||Nikoo |
|3.||Sep 14, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|6.||Aug 28, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Originally from Mauritania, now in Paris, he combines both in a CD that features his warm, smooth, soaring vocals (rooted in African folk) with a hip, but relaxed, European indie rock groove. He also plays a mean guitar. The music is joyful and hopeful, without being sappy and predictable. He wrote all the songs and plays all the instruments on this release…some people get all the talent.|
*1. Midtempo, relaxed w/sweet vocals and a cool vibe.
2. Midtempo with a tight, sophisticated coolness.
*3. Nicely driving blend of guitar & vocals. Way cool.
4. Slow and delicate at first then stronger w/a powerful edge.
5. Midtempo Euro-rock-ish w/chorus in English.
*6. Upbeat w/a nice beat from perc/strings & a light feeling.
*7. Lightly bouncy strings, sweet and happy.
8. Downtempo w/soaring vocals and a lyrical quality.
9. Relaxed, partially in English, sort of a lazy thing.
10. Mid/upbeat rock w/a hint of funk and a touch of folk.
11. Midtempo acoustic guitar & vocals. Simple but nice.
*12. Midtempo &vaguely anthemic.
|5.||We Don't Need||11.||Am|