|Antigama / Resonance|
|Add Date:||2007-07-08||Pull Date:||2007-09-09||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||Sep 9||Sep 2||Aug 26||Aug 19||Aug 12||Aug 5||Jul 29||Jul 22|
|1.||Sep 08, 2007:||Bloodstains Across Atherton - Oh, you know |
|4.||Aug 24, 2007:||Baptism of Solitude |
|2.||Sep 01, 2007:||Cognitive Overload |
|5.||Aug 23, 2007:||Emphysema For Emphasis |
|3.||Aug 31, 2007:||Baptism of Solitude (extended remix) |
|6.||Aug 18, 2007:||Cognitive Overload |
ANTIGAMA - "Resonance" CD (Relapse) |
Excellent grindcore from Poland. Fast, heavy, with political/social lyrics. While there are definite nods to NAPALM DEATH there are also some sounds of the SWEDISH grindcore bands like NASUM. And there is an undercurrent of industrial noise that's hard to place. This is the bands 4th full length, yet they are mostly unknown in the US.
**1. Fast, heavy and reminds me of NAPALM DEATH.
**2. More complicated guitar, short, brutal.
3. Pummeling. The guitar sounds like track 2 a bit.
**4. Vocals are different and higher pitched. Noisy track with bursts of speed. Heavy.
5. Slower and slightly more discordant. Then all of a sudden they kick into fast grind. It's almost punk guitar and drums.
6. Keyboard/electronic/sample sounds along with the chaotic grind. More jutting bursts of speed that aren't stop-n-go. And like track 5 there are some simpler guitar riffs during non-grind parts.
7. Diving spiraling sound. Crazy rhythm on part of the guitar. More diverse vocal sounds.
8. A Jazz track with keyboards, brushed drums, etc. Sounds like they are playing around.
9. Big slow heavy riff. Almost understandable rock vocals.
10. All over the place. Sounds like they are trying to jam lots of ideas into a 1.5 minute track. Lots of different drum sounds. Including a drum solo.
11. Another one that leans towards a more punk sound. Interesting. It's a punk riff, played faster and with a grindcore sound.
12. Noisy with more discordant guitar and some electronics.
13. Clean guitar and hand drums and doesn't get heavy?
14. Big low end. Pummeling. Sung, distorted, industrial sounding vocals. Unique track.
15. Another unique. Odd vocals. Repetitive.
16. Simple slightly discordant riff repeated, then some almost-thrash.
**17. A warning siren. Heavy steamroller One of the longer tracks.
Very good stuff. -mph
|4.||Neutral Balance||12.||By And By|
|6.||Pending||14.||Types Of Waste|