|Parts And Labor / Mapmaker|
|Artist:||Parts And Labor||Added:||07/2007|
|Add Date:||2007-07-08||Pull Date:||2007-09-09|
|Week Ending:||9 Sep||2 Sep||26 Aug||19 Aug||12 Aug||5 Aug||29 Jul||22 Jul|
|1.||Oct 05, 2007:||Live From Six Feet Underground |
|4.||Sep 06, 2007:||Emphysema For Emphasis |
|2.||Sep 13, 2007:||Live From Six Feet Underground |
|5.||Sep 04, 2007:||Lost and Found |
King Of The Hill
|3.||Sep 08, 2007:||On The Warpath |
|6.||Sep 02, 2007:||Transmission Overload |
|Elias (Dr Furious)|
Noisy and yet catchy electro/post-rock from Brooklyn, NY. It is a paradox, I know... but that's what makes Parts and Labor unique. Catchy pop vocals (almost kind of Brit-pop-ish sounding) thrown amidst insanely frenetic drum beats (Lightning Bolt, Hella), a shredding chaos of electronic noise and catchier synth/guitar lines. It's an odd mix, but works well. In comparison to previous albums, you may find that there is more emphasis on the soaring vocal melodies. They almost work as an adjuvant for delivering some noise into the ears of the pop-minded djs of KZSU. Will the pop vehicle work? The A-file plays will show. Play this, it rocks! |
Play: 5, 9, 10, 7, 1
1. Rocking drum/synth groove and Brit-pop-sounding vocals.
2. Chaotic, spastic intro followed by quiet synth melody. Pop feel.
3. Pop-punk. Reminds Green Day.
4. Dominated by vocals. Noisy synths in the background.
5. Bird-singing electronic noises and superb shredding guitar riffs. Awesome.
7. Noisy intro sound like a dentist's drill. Sparse and mid-tempo. This sounds like their older stuff.
8. Same as #4.
9. Love this. Beautiful. Punky with catchy chorus.
10. Space-rock, no wave, and guitars sounding like middle eastern flutes. Pop vocals.
11. Exotic banjo-sounding guitar.
|1.||Fractured Skies||7.||Ghosts Will Burn|
|3.||Vision Of Repair||9.||Camera Shy|
|4.||The Gold We're Digging||10.||King Of The Hill|
|5.||New Crimes||11.||Fake Rain|
|6.||Long Way Down||12.||Knives And Pencils|