|Dj Disse / When I'm Bored I Change Colour|
|Album:||When I'm Bored I Change Colour||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Music for Dreams|
|Add Date:||2007-08-05||Pull Date:||2007-10-07||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||23 Sep||9 Sep||26 Aug||12 Aug|
|1.||Oct 14, 2019:||Happy Hour |
Walk On The Wild Side
|4.||Sep 02, 2010:||Happy Hour |
|2.||Dec 20, 2012:||Happy Hour |
|5.||Jun 24, 2010:||Happy Hour |
Walk On The Wild Side
|3.||Jul 28, 2011:||Happy Hour |
|6.||Oct 08, 2009:||Happy Hour |
DJ Disse – When I’m Bored I Change Color|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 8/2/07
Electronica with a bit of dub, a bit of dance, a bit of international elements. From the Music for Dreams series, so it’s quite trancey and dreamy. All very pretty, much of it (especially intros) very low-key.
No FCCs – very few words. The covers of Walk on the Wild Side and Break on Through are fun – I like tracks 3-6 and 9.
1. 10:39 *starts with wind sounds, very low electronics, no beat. Bit of vocal and beat after 1:30. Energetic belly dance beat, but very mellow electronics and flute otherwise. Builds speed and energy until about 1:40 from end, then back to ethereal sounds and flute.
2. 7:03 **slow building beat, spoken intro (I think it’s Liberace), then guitar slide from WotWW with beats and electronics floating around it. Pretty, jazzy sax solo.
3. 5:04 ***boppy and bouncy riddim with handclaps and acoustic guitar, fun on the beach! Male vocal chorus, bits of speech (Spanish standup comedy?) Nice sound.
4. 6:54 ***trumpet intro, lots of echo and suspense. Flamenco guitar starts at 1 minute in, then dubby reggae beat. Energetic live performance sounds. LONG ending.
5. 6:19 ***audience sounds and spoken intro from the Doors song, then uptempo hi-hat and tom for several seconds. Keyboard from BoT starts 1 minute in. Snippets of song, quite upbeat.
6. 6:59 ***very low key intro, builds to a quite lovely downtempo handdrum and piano riddim. Lovely stringed instrument of some kind. False ending 2.5 minutes from end.
7. 6:42 *electronics and spoken word, midtempo club beat. Very trancey, phrases repeated, low-key music.
8. 6:51 *conga and midtempo beat. Mostly just a conga solo, in fact.
9. 7:20 ***hand drums and midtempo beat, but a lot else as well this time. Very danceable.
10. 6:11 *spacey sounds, a bit of Reggae beat occasionally, random elements floating in and out. Mostly trancey.
|2.||Walk On The Wild Side||7.||New Dimension|
|3.||Taxi To War||8.||Real Roots|
|4.||Spanish Reggae||9.||Night At The Fullmoon|
|5.||Break On Through||10.||Egyptian Disco Dub (Banzai Republic Remix Part 1)|