|Harris, Corey / Zion Crossroads|
|Artist:||Harris, Corey||Added:||Jul 2007|
|Add Date:||2007-07-29||Pull Date:||2007-09-30||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Sep 30||Sep 16||Sep 9||Aug 26||Aug 19||Aug 12||Aug 5|
|1.||Dec 26, 2013:||World Tour |
Afrique (Chez Moi)
|4.||Sep 15, 2007:||New World Disorder |
Ark Of The Covenant
|2.||Sep 29, 2007:||New World Disorder |
Afrique (Chez Moi)
|5.||Sep 07, 2007:||You be illin |
|3.||Sep 27, 2007:||A2Z |
|6.||Aug 25, 2007:||New World Disorder |
Fire Go Come
Harris, Corey – Zion Crossroads|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 7/24/07
Very rootsy and well done Reggae – I was a bit shocked to recall that Harris hasn’t been a Reggae artist, but a bluesman with a longstanding interest in African music. Most tracks have a very classic roots feel to them. He’s clearly done a lot of research. Many of the lyrics are quite simple and straightforward, although not all the subjects are so basic.
No FCCs detected. I like the French track, 9 – but most of the tracks are really good.
1. ***relaxed midtempo bubble, classic roots Reggae sound. Sounds a bit like early Culture – very nice.
2. ***midtempo bouncy bubble, rather simple lyrics but very cool music. Great classic toast by Ranking Joe.
3. *midtempo skank, almost Lover’s Rock in tone. Sweet singing, kind of belies the lyrics.
4. ***downtempo skank, rather minimalist, strong lyrics and subject.
5. ***classic roots bubble, wonderful sound. Rasta simplicity lyrics. Bit of blues guitar.
6. ***uptempo bubble, cool keyboard sound. Blues guitar solo.
7. *pretty bit of thumb piano and African language chanting.
8. **somewhat uptempo bubble. Simple lyrics. Bit of thumb piano
9. ****uptempo skank, lyrics in French. Very much in the style of African Reggae like Tiken Jah Fakoly. Simple and nice.
10. ***starts with 10 seconds of very low level percussion. Midtempo skank, sweet singing, mostly repeating the old aphorism about cleanliness.
11. **uptempo, folk acoustic guitar and vocals, bit of violin, not Reggae but a pretty cool sound and strong lyrics.
12. *midtempo bubble, sweet. Sax solo.
13. ***gospel flavor, long intro. Uptempo skank, Rock Steady.
|1.||Ark Of The Covenant||7.||Walter Rodney Intro|
|2.||No Peace For The Wicked||8.||Walter Rodney|
|3.||Heathen Rage||9.||Afrique (Chez Moi)|
|5.||In The Morning||11.||Plantation Town|
|6.||Fire Go Come||12.||You Never Know|
|13.||Keep Your Culture|