|Love Me Nots, The / In Black & White|
|Album:||In Black & White||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Love Me Nots, The||Added:||07/2007|
|Label:||Atomic A Go Go|
|Add Date:||2007-07-29||Pull Date:||2007-09-30|
|Week Ending:||30 Sep||16 Sep||9 Sep||2 Sep||26 Aug||19 Aug||12 Aug||5 Aug|
|1.||Sep 29, 2007:||New World Disorder |
|4.||Sep 23, 2007:||Transmission Overload |
Move In Tight
|2.||Sep 26, 2007:||Business Time |
|5.||Sep 15, 2007:||New World Disorder |
|3.||Sep 25, 2007:||New World Lost and Found |
Heart On A Chain
|6.||Sep 13, 2007:||Disorder in the Afternoon |
The Love Me Nots – In Black and White|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 7/26/07
60’s-style garage rock, with a chick singer and lots of farfisa and fuzz guitar. Insane amount of energy – I’m luck it’s only 31 minutes long, cause I’m exhausted (but VERY happy) after listening to the whole thing. It’s not cute and perky, it’s loud and wild, and it’s all GREAT and cathartic!
No FCCs detected – much of the vocal track is fuzzy and reverby …
Track 12 is very different, and killer. All of em rock!
1. ***wham, wham, go go go farfisa baby! Yay! Hyper-energetic frug monster!
2. **fuzz guitar and a bit of Mannfred Mann. Sort of an uptempo march, and aggressive vocals.
3. **more fuzz guitar and drag racing. Do the jerk!
4. **big bass guitar, a bit downtempo and stroll-y, great sultry vocals.
5. **back to hyperkineticism – loud, aggressive, farfisa-drenched romp.
6. **you can totally do the pony to this – if you have the energy to keep up for all 2.5 minutes!
7. **whew, a bit of restful organ intro… then some surf guitar and reverby vocals, quite downtempo and a bit menacing…
8. **more hyperactive farfisa ‘n’ fuzz action, this time with a bit of spy movie feel. She’s clearly not into asking politely, and I suspect she gets what she wants…
9. ***slow grind (at least comparatively speaking) – yeah, there is a bit of Animals there. VERY dangerous organ on this one…
10. **hyperactive but somehow sultry at the same time.
11. ***hyper farfisa, nice simple rock ‘n’ roll guitar.
12. ****Anyone remember Big Brother and the Holding Company Live at the Fillmore? OK, no one’s Janis, but this captures the feel of that record pretty damn well… Whew! This packs a punch!
|1.||Move In Tight||7.||Cry|
|2.||Voice In My Head||8.||Come On Over|
|4.||Break My Heart||10.||Dark City|
|5.||I Do||11.||Heart On A Chain|