|Mexican Institute Of Sound / Pinata|
|Artist:||Mexican Institute Of Sound||Added:||08/2007|
|Add Date:||2007-08-05||Pull Date:||2007-10-07||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||7 Oct||30 Sep||16 Sep||9 Sep||2 Sep||26 Aug||19 Aug||12 Aug|
|1.||Aug 28, 2022:||Zootopia |
A Todos Ellos
|4.||Apr 18, 2017:||Magnetized Toner (R1)/A-Philiac (Reprise) |
La Kebradita (Le Hammond Inferno Mix By Holger)
|2.||Aug 23, 2022:||Zootopia |
Hip Hop No Pares
|5.||Dec 21, 2015:||Happy Hour |
|3.||Aug 06, 2022:||Zootopia |
A Girl Like You
|6.||Dec 24, 2013:||Pumping Iron |
Katia, Tania, Paulina Y La Kim
Instituto Mexicano del Sonido – Pinata|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 8/2/07
Sound sample collages set to groovy Latin beats. Just give it a listen – this is quite possibly the coolest thing I’ve heard all year! Wild! Apparently pretty much all by a buy named Camilo Lara, whose two-headed love child I am now intent on having.
No FCCs that I could hear (all in Spanish). Tracks 2, 4, 6, 8, 13 are INSANE! The rest are just nuts…
1. 1:02 **creaky door, slow shuffling cumbia, sound effects
2. 3:09 ****midtempo swishy salsa with goofy high vocals, absurdly fun.
3. 3:34 ***relaxed and lounge-y “marimba” groove with hip hop vocals in Spanish.
4. 5:12 ****uptempo, chunky cha-cha groove, female singing. This is just SICK!
5. 3:35 ***WAY funky midtempo groove, self-consciously ubercool vocals.
6. 3:43 ****acoustic bass, slinky partially vocal beat, seductive female vocals.
7. 4:36 ***terribly serious piano and… squeeps intro. Spoken names of famous people, midtempo dance beat starts after a minute. Bits of Low Rider!
8. 3:18 ****groovy frug-a-go-go, swingy vocals – this is too funny! Ends with applause.
9. 5:36 **lovely harp arpeggios, hip hop vocals in Spanish – never heard THIS combination before!
10. 0:55 **funky downtempo hip hop/beatbox/mariachi – ultra groovy, I wish this was MUCH longer!
11. 3:14 **midtempo, truly indescribable sound collage – it’s got a beat and it’s got vocals and it’s got noises. There!
12. 2:56 **downtempo bells and clops and dance beat, rather lush and certainly odd.
13. 4:46 ****Blat! Blat blat blat blat! Oooh, VERY funky midtempo dance something. Remix of track 5, possibly even MORE self-consciously cool.