|Tiger Club, The / Tiger Club, The|
|Album:||Tiger Club, The||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Tiger Club, The||Added:||08/2007|
|Add Date:||2007-08-12||Pull Date:||2007-10-14|
|Week Ending:||2 Sep||26 Aug||19 Aug|
|1.||Apr 30, 2011:||New World Disorder |
|4.||Aug 28, 2007:||Lost and Found |
|2.||Apr 06, 2010:||The Orphanage |
|5.||Aug 24, 2007:||No Cover, No Minimum |
Requiem For Ranger Bob
|3.||Nov 04, 2007:||New World Disorder |
|6.||Aug 14, 2007:||Lost and Found |
The Tiger Club – The Tiger Club|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 8/3/07
Worldly (if not “Worldy”) variety of lounge/swing/60’s hipster music from Redwood City. Extremely well done stuff, just plain fun to listen to. This is what older, drinking people danced to when we were kids in the 60’s (if they were REALLY cool, like WAY cooler than our parents…)
All instrumentals. All really good, but I like 9 and 12 best.
1. 2:36 **oddly syncopated trap drum intro, then midtempo rock-a-frug-a-go-go with farfisa and horns. Happy, perky… Everyone gets a solo.
2. 3:01 ***Cuban 50’s nightclub mambo, muy keen! Baila!
3. 2:57 ***downtempo funky strut with lots of horns and a bit of lounge.
4. 2:01 **happy uptempo Dixieland twist party with banjo.
5. 3:47 ***mambo de Santo & Johnny, midtempo, with sleazy lounge keyboards. Wunnerful!
6. 2:46 **midtempo big drums and twang, a bit of spy TV theme sound.
7. 3:06 **mambo Italiano! Go twist crazy!
8. 3:33 **slinky downtempo bongos and whammy bar cha-cha.
9. 3:22 ****uptempo, extremely lively boogie with walking bass and lots of farfisa. This’ll lift your spirits!
10. 3:38 *downtempo and maybe a bit TOO pretty, but lounge-y and smooth as they come. Maybe a bit elevator-musicish.
11. 2:53 ***midtempo sashay. Grows on you!
12. 3:02 ****a bit downtempo funky guitar jive. Slides down the earholes nice and easy.
13. 3:17 *midtempo bossa nova, watch the sunset while you nurse that pina colada with the fold out paper umbrella…
14. 2:58 ***midtempo strut with lots of whammy bar and reverb.
15. 3:36 **slow dance for grownups! Sexy! Strictly martinis and VERY tight evening gowns…