|Bottom Of The Hudson / Fantastic Hawk|
|Album:||Fantastic Hawk||Collection:||Out for Review|
|Artist:||Bottom Of The Hudson||Added:||08/2007|
|Label:||Absolutely Kosher Records|
|Add Date:||2007-08-26||Pull Date:||2007-10-28|
|Week Ending:||28 Oct||21 Oct||14 Oct||7 Oct||30 Sep||23 Sep||16 Sep||9 Sep|
|1.||Oct 25, 2007:||Partly Cloudy |
|4.||Oct 16, 2007:||Time Traveler |
|2.||Oct 23, 2007:||Time Traveler |
|5.||Oct 11, 2007:||Partly Cloudy |
|3.||Oct 18, 2007:||Partly Cloudy |
|6.||Oct 04, 2007:||Partly Cloudy |
Bottom of the Hudson - Fantastic Hawk|
Sometimes droney or shoegazey indie rock/ pop from Brooklyn/ Philly. Vocals are often doubled up for sort of a unique vocal sound. There are hints of 90s-style indie rock in here as well. Lots of guides, drums, bass, some keyboards, some glockenspiel/ vibes. A pretty consistently good (but not great) record.
My picks: 1, 2, 6, 7, 10, 12 FCC: 4
1. slow fade in with guitars and glockenspiel. clarinet and stomps/claps later.
2. mid tempo sort of shoegazey with nice vocals. instrumental part at the end
3. mid-tempo. steady guitars.
4. FCC. keyboards, guitars
5. med-fast. simple two note guitar with strummed acoustic.
6. med-slow and acoustic. nice vocal melody.
7. med-fast. chunky guitars with lead guitar on top.
8. slow. ringing guitars. heavier chorus and then alternating back to sparse
9. pretty straightforward with reverbed vocals.
10. fade in of electro percussion. real drums and rockin guitars enter after that.
11. fingerpicked-style guitar. subdued.
12. slow and slow build up to chorus. great rising-melody chorus.
13. med-slow arpeggiated acoustic guitar and voice. just that besides some droney elements near the end.
|1.||Fantastic Hawk||7.||Suffering Time|
|2.||Bee Hive||8.||Over Engineered|
|3.||Handwriting||9.||Hide And Seak|
|4.||Pretty Much It||10.||Cemetary Eyes|
|5.||Perfect Distillation||11.||Casual Moon Beams|
|6.||Rusty Zippers||12.||Fantastic Return|