|Caribou / Andorra|
|Add Date:||2007-10-07||Pull Date:||2007-12-09|
|Week Ending:||Dec 9||Dec 2||Nov 25||Nov 18||Nov 11||Nov 4||Oct 28||Oct 21|
|1.||Aug 01, 2017:||day tapes |
|4.||Feb 12, 2013:||Pumping Iron |
She's The One
|2.||Feb 12, 2015:||Meow |
|5.||Jan 15, 2013:||Pumping Iron |
|3.||Feb 05, 2015:||A Visit From Drum |
|6.||Feb 07, 2012:||the gilded youth |
Caribou – “Andorra”
Dan Snaith has created another (but perhaps the best) beautiful pop album that is bursting with pleasant psychedelic sounds. To complement the amazingly intricate instrumentation in this album - Snaith’s voice has finally hit its high point. There is a bit of letdown towards the end of the album, but the first 2/3rds are golden. A golden brain massage. (BEST TRACKS = 1,2,4,5,6)
1) Great start! Nice rolling drums and smooth bass. Guitar is perfectly used. Lovely flute and ringing bells. This is looking good!
2) Another great song! Driving drums. Fuzzy synths in the background. Frolicking flute. AMAZING CHORUS!
3) Echoing underwater keys. Harmonizing vocals. Fast bursting drums. Strings and flute. Conglomeration of sounds towards finish.
4) Sunny love song. Bouncy drums and clapping. Thumping bass at chorus. Final chorus brings nice complementary vocals.
5) Best song!!! Quiet, sweet vocals. Fluttering strings and harp. Chorus explodes into bells/strings/bass/chiming guitar…etc. Lovely outro.
6) Simple guitar begins. Heavenly harmonizing vocals. Second guitar brings it as song slowly builds (with strings/flute/clapping/synth…etc.).
7) Bottom feeder of the album. Fast, unappetizing guitar. Flickering flute. Thumping those drums again. Robot voice box?
8) Mid-tempo ballad. Playful keys and a drum machine.
9) Droning low keys and interesting high keys. Song builds while held together by bass. Vocals are more distorted than usual. Decent, fast-paced ending to a great album.
~ DJ LANDO
|4.||She's The One||8.||Irene|