|Jimmy Luv / Taca Mais Fogo!|
|Album:||Taca Mais Fogo!||Collection:||Reggae|
|Label:||Kaskata's Music Corp.|
|Add Date:||2007-09-23||Pull Date:||2007-11-25||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||25 Nov||11 Nov||4 Nov||28 Oct||21 Oct||14 Oct||30 Sep|
|1.||Jul 19, 2008:||New World Disorder |
Louvor & Gloria
|4.||Nov 04, 2007:||New World Disorder |
Louvor & Gloria
|2.||Nov 25, 2007:||New World Disorder |
|5.||Oct 28, 2007:||New World Disorder |
|3.||Nov 21, 2007:||Erin is Disorderly |
Vem Se Esquentar
|6.||Oct 21, 2007:||new world disorder |
Jimmy Luv – Taca Mais Fogo!|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 9/12/07
Brazilian underground Reggae star working with the 7 Velas crew. Sort of a combination of singing and dancehall vocals, likewise a Reggae/dancehall mix in the riddims. His name probably doesn’t seem so goofy to Portuguese speakers…
There’s what sounds for all the world like an FCC in track 10 – could easily be something else in Brazilian Portuguese…
I like 13 and 15 best, but it’s all good stuff.
1. 0:25 handdrums and rasta exhortations in Braziliaguese
2. 2:53 **starts with rasta exhortations from previous track, then midtempo strong skank, monotonal chanted singing. Odd horn blatt ending.
3. 4:49 ***uptempo bubble with cool vocals – very nice loping riddim. Odd falsetto vocals in background.
4. 4:11 **midtempo skank, some processed vocals.
5. 4:02 ***sweet midtempo roots bubble – almost Rock Steady.
6. 4:08 *spoken intro, then electronic dancehall riddim (also used in the hit “Church Heathen” by Shaggy.) Ends with drums that lead into next track.
7. 3:20 ***very fun midtempo dancehall riddim, fast rap.
8. 0:23 wind sounds and talking
9. 3:42 ***dramatic intro for almost half a minute, then midtempo roots skank with a bit of Latin percussion. All about the Rasta holy trinity – fun!
10. 3:28 Sounds like an FCC – “mudda fucka” (who knows…) **highly syncopated midtempo dancehall.
11. 2:38 *slow skank, with repeated “bumbaclot” (which is naughty in Jamaican…)
12. 3:37 **uptempo roots skank, occasional falsetto vocals.
13. 3:20 ****midtempo rather martial dancehall riddim, fun sound.
14. 2:38 **midtempo dancehall, familiar riddim, military-sounding snare.
15. 2:50 ****midtempo dancehall skank – very odd boopy riddim, multiple voices. Fun noise!
16. 3:27 **downtempo dancehall skank, minimalist and a bit dubby.
17. 3:38 ***midtempo roots skank, very pleasant dubby riddim.