|Konono No 1 / Live At Couleur Cafe|
|Album:||Live At Couleur Cafe||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Konono No 1||Added:||Sep 2007|
|Add Date:||2007-11-04||Pull Date:||2008-01-06||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Jan 6||Dec 16||Dec 9||Dec 2||Nov 25||Nov 18||Nov 11|
|1.||Mar 12, 2015:||The Sunset Life |
|4.||Jan 03, 2008:||RipRidah Radio Early Alist |
Mama Na Bana
|2.||Mar 06, 2014:||Aporeia |
Zey Isa Langa
|5.||Jan 02, 2008:||Eran Mukamel (sub) |
|3.||Jun 12, 2010:||Music Casserole |
|6.||Dec 11, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
“Electro-traditional mixtures” from the suburbs of Kinshasa, Congo. Sort of West African Trance. Percussion takes the lead with amplified mbiras and follows through the rest of the track with looping rhythms overlaid with spare but energetic vocals that seem to play to the crowd. Recorded live so there’s applause and, at times, the balance of vocals vs. instruments is a bit off. But don’t let that put you off. It does all sound rather alike and no one track is better than the other. It’s all good, though. High-energy and total party music. |
1. Upbeat percussion drives this circular jam. A carnival sound.
2. Driving w/layers of percussion, gets into a hot, steady bounce.
3. Halting mid/up intro. A complete upbeat wiggle-fest.
4. Fast vocals w/drums trying to catch up.
5. A bit more midtempo w/some cool call-response vocals.
6. Upbeat male/female vocals, steady beat the drums get going.
7. An 11-min jam. Fast w/a constant beat & repeating vocals.
8. Whistles & perc. Ends 30 sec short as the show ends w/applause.
|3.||Nsimba & Nzuzi||7.||Mama Na Bana|
|4.||Zey Isa Langa||8.||Outro|