|Pearl Django / Modern Times|
|Add Date:||2007-10-07||Pull Date:||2007-12-09||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||9 Dec||25 Nov||11 Nov||4 Nov||28 Oct||21 Oct||14 Oct|
|1.||May 10, 2019:||Traditions |
Cheek To Cheek
|4.||Jan 01, 2010:||Music Casserole |
|2.||Jul 19, 2014:||Music Casserole |
|5.||Dec 07, 2007:||The Second Set |
|3.||Mar 20, 2010:||Music Casserole |
|6.||Dec 04, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Gypsy jazz is alive and well and living in Seattle. This release is full of great musicians doing Django proud. But it’s not a rehash of Hot Club standards. This is fresh, straight up jazz that pays homage to the past while staying firmly rooted in the here and now. Sophisticated swing, full of tight arrangements where everyone gets a chance to shine. Play it all, you can’t go wrong.|
1. Starts like a lullaby, gets into a sweet little groove.
2. Plinky intro becomes a deliciously catchy toe-tapper.
3. Midtempo & lyrical w/warm accordion doing the talking. Sweet.
4. Relaxed and almost reflective w/a lazy, lyrical sway.
5. Reminiscent of a Russian folk dance. Fast & almost frantic.
6. Warm, sweet, lazy little love song. Sharp strings & lots of style.
7. Paris café sound, midtempo w/a retro meets tomorrow kind of vibe.
8. Mid/up w/a great electric guitar taking a relaxed lead.
9. Slow opening, drama then a wiggly, upbeat jam. So nice!
10. Ellington love song done w/a gentle, relaxed flair. Sigh…
11. Gypsy waltz w/extra good harmonies from all. Very melodic.
12. Slow/mid with a wandering, playful melody & good playing.
13. A happy foxtrot. Picture Fred & Ginger. A bouncy Berlin classic.
|2.||Missoula Flood||8.||September In The Rain|
|3.||Chutes, No Ladders||9.||Sombre Dimanche/Le Rubis|
|4.||Mulholland Bounce||10.||Warm Valley|
|6.||Once In A While||12.||Black And Blue|
|13.||Cheek To Cheek|