|Legendary Shack Shakers, Th' / Swampblood|
|Artist:||Legendary Shack Shakers, Th'||Added:||Sep 2007|
|Label:||Yep Roc Records|
|Add Date:||2007-12-24||Pull Date:||2008-02-25|
|Week Ending:||Feb 17||Feb 10||Feb 3||Jan 27||Jan 20||Jan 13||Jan 6||Dec 30|
|1.||Sep 23, 2015:||9-23-2015 |
Preachin' At Traffic
|4.||May 23, 2009:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
Cheat The Hangman
|2.||Nov 19, 2010:||The Songsmith Show |
|5.||Feb 16, 2008:||New World Disorder |
|3.||Oct 31, 2009:||Disorder de los Muertos |
|6.||Feb 09, 2008:||New World Disorder |
Th’ Legendary Shack Shakers – Swampblood|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 12/4/07
Another delicious load of diseased swamp boogie from some of the most disturbed minds in Rock and fugging Roll. Songs range from hillbilly banjo stomps to rockabilly boppers, but always sinister as all holy hell. Good snake handlin’ music – it’ll either heal you or put you to bed permanently.
Didn’t hear any FCCs, but it’s hard to tell what they’re going on about anyway.
Everything with three stars is fantastic, two stars is great.
1. 0:34 whirring, feedback and banjo
2. 3:48 ***driving rockabilly bop with harmonica and creepy vocals – extremely loveable sound. Fades to banjo and crickets – way “Deliverance”!
3. 2:13 ***reverb-y rockin’ stroll, both hillbilly and soulful.
4. 2:17 **hyperspeed 4/4 charge, disturbed religious imagery. Features about 4 seconds of the most warped harmonica solo ever.
5. 3:10 ***way rockin’ sashay with distorted harmonica.
6. 0:17 growling and distortion
7. 1:36 **manic hyperspeed (I mean, REALLY fast), completely crazed vocals.
8. 2:19 ***uptempo hillbilly stomp, 100% completely irreverent. Yippeee!
9. 2:49 ***midtempo spooky swampy stomp. There be monsters in them thar mangroves.
10. 3:12 ***starts with march of the zombies, then midtempo 4/4 hammer upside your angst. Happy happy happy happy!
11. 2:39 **good ol’ fiddle and mouth harp. Apparently about the Devil’s dancing doll. Oooh, yodeling!
12. 2:11 ***uptempo bopper – kinda like the Stray Cats drinking something WAY nastier’n hooch.
13. 1:55 **jazzy little uptempo dancehall bop with honky tonk piano.
14. 1:38 *cool “I Want Candy” drumming and lunatic preaching. And yes, traffic sounds.
15. 1:15 **pretty piano and singing with lots of echo
16. 1:02 *doesn’t start for about 12 seconds, then midtempo hillbilly banjo without much apparent malice. Gets echo-y and far away, and ends a few seconds early.
|2.||Old Spur Line||10.||Down And Out|
|4.||Easter Flesh||12.||He Ain't Right|
|6.||Dusk||14.||Preachin' At Traffic|
|7.||Cheat The Hangman||15.||When I Die|
|8.||Born Again Again||16.||Bright Sunny South|