|Fall, The / Live At The Knitting Factory L.A. - 14 November 2001|
|Album:||Live At The Knitting Factory L.A. - 14 November 2001||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2007-11-11||Pull Date:||2008-01-13|
|Week Ending:||13 Jan||30 Dec||16 Dec||9 Dec||2 Dec||25 Nov||18 Nov|
|1.||Jun 04, 2008:||nag champa orangeasm |
|4.||Dec 28, 2007:||Business Time |
|2.||Jan 18, 2008:||Lost and Found |
|5.||Dec 13, 2007:||Living Souls |
|3.||Jan 12, 2008:||Scatterbrain Radio |
|6.||Dec 11, 2007:||A2Z |
|Elias (Dr Furious)|
Bootleg LIVE recording by seminal garage punk/post-punk band the Fall. Recorded in LA in November 2001. This recording marks Fall's forceful entry into a 3rd decade of life. A new lease in Fall's band life. A sober, lucid, freshly re-married and newly growling Mark E. Smith and with one of his best line-ups in years turns the clock back to the punk-basics: straight-up pulsating punk beats and guitars, and rough/dirty booming bass lines. This Fall recording makes the band sound more punk than they had sounded in years. Indeed, it was the beginning of a new course that culminated in two great Fall albums (The Real New Fall LP; Fall Heads Roll) and their exposure to a whole new generation of fans that could have just easily been Smith's grandkids. Hear the Fall at their best in the decade of 00s.|
Play 2, 4, 1, 5, 7 (FCCs: 3)
1. Straight-up punker with almost some Fugazi-esque shredding going on.
2. This fucking rocks! Hear the BASS. Motorhead proto-metal meets Yardbirds' "Train Kept A Rolling". Fucking attitude.
3. FCC (fucking). Great guitar riff!
4. Amazing. Classic Fall! Dirty and repetitive. Social commentary on middle class life. Hits like a mean uppercut. Ready to knock the teeth out of your jaw.
5. Mid tempo. Sparse strings with great lazy, catchy guitar riff that reminds middle eastern, acid folk-psych. Some awesome growling and yammering by Smith.
6. Rocking medley that includes Fall's own version of Summertime Blues (F'olding Money)
7. The classic Fall tune reinterpreted. Balls out punker. Fast.
8. Fast punker. Guitar's driving.
9. Another good one from the Fall's back- catalogue. Slashy, swampy, messy, threatening.
10. Dark, menacing, chaotic. Fades out awkwardly.
11-This CD does not contain an 11th track.
|1.||The Joke||6.||Kick The Can - Foldin Money - Kick The Can Pt2|
|2.||Cyber Insekt||7.||Mr Pharmacist|
|3.||And Therein...||8.||Jim's The Fall|
|11.||Dr Bucks Letter|