|Album:||New Day Riddim||Collection:||Reggae|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Oct 2007|
|Label:||Luster Kings Productions|
|Add Date:||2007-10-14||Pull Date:||2007-12-16||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Dec 2||Nov 25||Nov 18||Nov 11||Nov 4||Oct 28|
|1.||Nov 18, 2010:||Happy Hour
Height Of Light
|4.||Jan 24, 2008:||Happy Hour
Height Of Light
|2.||Oct 07, 2010:||Happy Hour
|5.||Dec 23, 2007:||New World Disorder
|3.||Mar 08, 2008:||New World Disorder
|6.||Dec 16, 2007:||New World Disorder
Reviewed by Sadie O., 10/13/07
One Reggae Riddim, 16 vocalists. Riddim is a slightly downtempo Nyahbinghi one-drop with acoustic guitar, very mellow. Some cuts bring up the horns and bit of electric guitar a bit. The Nyahbinghi drums seem to inspire Rasta lyrics.
No FCCs detected. I like 16 best, but 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, and the version are cool too.
1. 3:41 ***pretty vocal harmonies, upful lyrics.
2. 3:55 *nyahbinghi call and response chanting about… trodding on…
3. 3:44 ***Rasta preaching intro, prominent horns and dancehall vocals.
4. 3:44 **Rasta dancehall from the biggest name on the record.
5. 3:34 ***more Rasta dancehall – cool vocal stylings.
6. 3:39 **Female and male dancehall vocals, cool lyrics when she sings alone, but sometimes there are too many voices going at once.
7. 3:18 ***cool dancehall and harmonies from a Bay Area artist.
8. 3:21 ***interesting vocalizations, pretty love song. Ends with a lot of just bass and drum.
9. 3:48 **sugary sweet love song. Bits of African singing.
10. 3:45 “R&B” style love song. Blearg.
11. 3:32 *Babylon burn lyrics. Nice instrumental bit at end.
12. 3:37 **starts with a bit of preaching. Rasta lyrics, pretty singing. Just guitar for last several seconds.
13. 3:44 *Rasta blessing intro, part love song, many voices.
14. 3:53 **hip hop Rasta preaching and singing – title song for a CD already in our collection.
15. 3:27 **deep-voiced preaching. Nice baritone vocals.
16. 3:44 ****dancehall hard-times lyrics, many interesting voices, female hip hop singing in Japanese and English.
17. 3:25 ** “version” of track one, with just a few vocals left in.