|Album:||Where Do We Go?||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Satelliters, The||Added:||Oct 2007|
|Add Date:||2007-11-11||Pull Date:||2008-01-13|
|Week Ending:||Jan 13||Jan 6||Dec 30||Dec 16||Dec 9||Dec 2||Nov 25||Nov 18|
|1.||Jan 12, 2008:||Lost and Found
|4.||Dec 24, 2007:||New World Disorder's Eve
Hide Your Time
|2.||Jan 06, 2008:||New World Disorder
|5.||Dec 11, 2007:||A2Z
|3.||Dec 30, 2007:||New World Disorder
Why Do They Know
|6.||Dec 09, 2007:||New World Disorder
Reviewed by Sadie O., 11/1/07
Superb 60’s psychedelic garage rock from Germany. Absolutely smashing, baby! This is psychedelia like the first wave – don’t expect too much mind-altering. Our minds have grown steeled over the years. If someone ever does a proper remake of Beyond the Valley of the Dolls, these guys should play the Strawberry Alarm Clock role. This makes me so happy I don’t even mind being at work!
No FCCs detected. It’s all either great or fabulous, but I’d start with 6 and 7 together on continuous play. Then play everything else.
1. 1:02 **high speed rave-up, twangy guitar and plenty of bass, spoken introduction. I’d be happy if this were longer – great sound.
2. 2:52 **crowd screaming and picked guitar, folk-rock sound, lots of farfisa.
3. 2:45 ***no screaming girls, thank god. Guitar-driven garage rock with properly adenoidal vocals. Delayed guitar chord ending.
4. 2:46 ***pretty Yardbirds-style acoustic guitar, big drums, slightly psychedelic feel.
5. 2:21 **jaunty midtempo garage stomp, happy noise indeed.
6. 2:26 ***uptempo psychedelic rocker – can you see the colored oil light show?
7. 0:55 **this continues from the previous song, and you should. Yardbirds-style guitar-sitar sound and quavery something – very psychedelic indeed.
8. 3:45 **surfer stomp drums, tweedly guitar effects, Brit-tinged psychedelic vocals.
9. 2:53 **electric stomp, angry young man lyrics. So 60’s, so righteous! Ooh, killer guitar solo – simple but deadly.
10. 3:10 ***bass intro, farfisa – oooh! Love this!
11. 2:59 **raging fuzz rocker, resolutely retribution-bound. Razor-edged guitar solo. I’m glad I’m not the one who dumped him…
12. 3:29 ***midtempo, partially syncopated psychedelic rocker. Great guitar tone and plenty of bass. I need to put this on my alarm clock so I can wake up functional.
13. 2:44 **folky – more Byrds than Yardbirds. Fingerpicked guitar and flowerchild feeling, with an occasional hint of Who.
14. 2:41 **lo-fi FUZZ, slow, grungy, adenoidal. I’m indifferent to his suffering, but the guitar
|1.||Indroduction Part 1||8.||Where Do We Go|
|2.||Abba (Live)||9.||You Cannot See|
|3.||For You||10.||Why Do They Know|
|4.||Something||11.||I'll Make You Sorry|
|5.||You Will Never Be||12.||Hey|
|6.||Hide Your Time||13.||Make Me Smile|
|7.||Sitar Swami||14.||No Good Without You Baby|