|Gonzalez, Jose / In Our Nature|
|Album:||In Our Nature||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2007-12-24||Pull Date:||2008-02-25|
|Week Ending:||17 Feb||10 Feb||3 Feb||27 Jan||20 Jan||13 Jan|
|1.||Fri, 31 Jan 14:||Francis D|
|4.||Mon, 30 Mar 09:||DJ Adam|
|2.||Fri, 31 May 13:||Baby Gap|
|5.||Wed, 12 Mar 08:||Francis D|
|3.||Sun, 19 Apr 09:||SASQUATCH|
The Twilight Zone
|6.||Fri, 15 Feb 08:||Edwin|
Lost and Found
Sophomore album of classical-guitar based indie folk songs from this Swedish songwriter. He combines traditional classical guitar style with a more indie rock/ folk song structure and sound. His voice has a unique tone to it as well and it's often double-tracked or self-harmonizing. He once again goes the very-different-cover route with a cover of Massive Attack's "Teardrop" (track 5). Not quite as good as Veneer but it's good.|
My picks: all are pretty good; the best: 2, 3, 5, 8 FCC: clean (I think)
1. med-slow. deep guitar sonorities and dark vocals.
2. med-fast. best of the album. nice driving guitar and hand-on-guitar percussion.
3. med-fast. great thumb-heavy guitar part. prominent backing vocals.
4. med-slow. subdued. chorus is a bit repetitive.
5. med-fast. nice parts. I don't know the original but this is good. ends a bit early and has a few misc notes at the end.
6. slow. good deliberate guitar part. pretty short (1:45)
7. med-slow. odd percussion (foot, clapping, wood blocks?) along with subdued guitar.
8. slow. lovely guitar sonorities, especially the thumb part. sliding, processed keyboard(?) part later on.
9. med-slow. deep guitar sonorities. more fragile vocals than some other songs.
10. long (8:10). mid tempo. gradually stronger guitar. harmony vocals. significant instrumental part near the end. nice, but a bit long.
|2.||Down The Line||7.||Time To Send Someone Away|
|3.||Killing For Love||8.||The Nest|
|4.||In Our Nature||9.||Fold|