Delicious, sophisticated jazz from Brazil. Guinga (who is, of all things, also a practicing dentist!) is a beautiful guitarist. Here he’s joined by a small, tight combo made up of clarinet, trumpet, and an additional guitar. Relaxed acoustic music with style and flair, a light touch, and lots of Brazilian goodness. Most tracks too short and everything is worth a play.
*1. Light and breezy mid/upbeat jazz. Sweet trumpet/guitar.
2. Slow and delicate with a sad, all-alone-at-midnight sound.
*3. Starts slow, a midtempo spiral w/sweet strings.
4. Slow and fragile w/Guinga on vox. Tragically lovely.
*5. Upbeat w/tripping clarinet & strings. Playful & tight.
*6. Muted trumpet/bright clarinet in a midtempo samba-esque ode.
7. Guitar duet at first, then clarinet chimes in. Upbeat & pretty.
8. Mid/upbeat solo guitar, expertly played. A tour-de-force.
*9. Romantic serenade w/trumpet doing the seduction. Gorgeous.
10. Sweet, lightly bouncy bossa-infused jazz.
11. Delicate guitar in a gentle, romantic love song. So pretty.
12. Mid/upbeat with some wonderful finger work.
13. Stylish, nostalgic and reflective. The clarinet’ll make you cry.