|San Kazakgascar / Greetings From Beautiful...|
|Album:||Greetings From Beautiful...||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2008-05-04||Pull Date:||2008-07-06|
|Week Ending:||15 Jun||1 Jun||11 May|
|1.||Jun 11, 2008:||Don't Call it a Comeback |
|3.||May 10, 2008:||On The Warpath |
Wink Eye, Stink Eye
|2.||May 29, 2008:||The Joy 'n Danny Division |
Mosquitoes And Gnats
|4.||May 08, 2008:||Baptism a la Grecque |
Greetings From Beautiful San Kazakgascar
Mid-East inflected psych rock. Sound is mostly focused on guitar riffs, clarinet hooks, and often-silly group vox, and maintains a consistently mid-to-high energy level. Longish fades or outros on most songs and a tendency towards repetition. And... tambourine on every track?
FCC Clean near as I can tell; My picks: 2, 9
See also: Psalters, Balkan Beat Box, Akron/Family
1) 4:34 Upbeat and a little noisy. 25-sec fade out.
*2) 4:10 Fun layered intro/breaks and a low-key, rhythmic vox refrain. 30-sec feedback fade out.
3) 4:12 Spy groove with low-in-the-mix reverb vox. A trifle repetitive.
4) 2:12 Quirky call-and-response/chant, featuring a gratingly nasal vox style.
5) 3:54 Very different feel. Low energy, delicate vox, droning bass. 20-sec fade out.
6) 5:52 Like #1. Thin, upbeat, and hook-focused. 15-sec fade out.
7) 3:56 Mechanical groove and abrasive vox. 33-sec outro.
8) 6:17 Pleasant, slow-building worldy instrumental for 2:40, then abruptly switches to a heavier tune with melodic vox hook. Vamps last 1 min with slow fade out.
*9) 5:00 Melodic, riff-based jam. Bass intro. Again, vamps last 1 min with slow fade out.
10) 6:00 Similar to first half of #8, with a slowly flowing dynamic and unobtrusive lines. 30-sec out.
|1.||Dallas Via Damascus||6.||National Anthem Of San Kazakgascar|
|2.||Mosquitoes And Gnats||7.||Shut!|
|3.||Wink Eye, Stink Eye||8.||Reign Of Yans|
|4.||Tuk Tuk To Nowhere||9.||Exhale, Furnace|
|5.||El Rio Flaco||10.||Crooked Ladders|