|Culture Brothers / Learn How To Respect|
|Album:||Learn How To Respect||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Culture Brothers||Added:||Nov 2007|
|Add Date:||2007-11-18||Pull Date:||2008-01-20||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Jan 20||Jan 13||Jan 6||Dec 16||Dec 9||Dec 2||Nov 25|
|1.||Jan 15, 2008:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|4.||Dec 14, 2007:||No Cover, No Minimum |
|2.||Jan 08, 2008:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|5.||Dec 11, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Jan 04, 2008:||No Cover, No Minimum: Extended Wanderings |
|6.||Dec 07, 2007:||The Second Set |
Blend of Tibetan, Nepalese, American, and Yup’ik (indigenous Inuit culture from North America and Siberia). Drums, flute, guitar, keyboard, and vocals. Inspirational and emotional without being sappy and new-agey. Plus a few surprise (check out #8 which an atmospheric night in a jungle).|
*1. Slow, trilling flute. Spare drum, native chanting, guitar. Lovely.
*2. Fast drums, driving, increasing in speed. Guitar is very cool.
3. Folksy, midtempo w/warm vocals and relaxed guitar.
4. Tinkling keyboard effects, lazy vocals/guitar.
*5. Steady drumbeat, vocalese. Picks up, playful guitar. Fun.
*6. Midtempo strings, soaring vox, almost bluesy.
7. Solo flute then gentle guitar. Relaxed, reflective, really pretty.
8. A sound effects journey through the jungle w/birds, bugs & more.
9. Drum, chanting-style vocals picks up. Almost jazz improve.
10. Slow/midtempo, moving & liquid w/a blend of cultural influences.
11. Starts relaxed, picks up. Driving guitar/drums w/growly vocals.
|2.||Junga Boogie||7.||Feels Good Being Buddhist|
|3.||Star Shining||8.||Deep In The Jungle|
|4.||Do You Believe In Love And Peace||9.||Celebrate|
|5.||Alaska Reggae||10.||Allah, I Can't Scream Anymore|