Disembodied dream pop: Looped layered guitar tones, chords, with ambient bells and environmental tones bring to mind soaring dream pop (Ride, Swell, My Bloody Valentine, Bowery Electric) without the standard bass, vocals, drums formula. Experimental mostly bordering on ambient, all this is pretty chill and quite pretty. For fans of pretty guitar, layered and looped, Robert Fripp, John Abercrombie, Heldon.
1) Pretty: very quiet environmental ambient intro, after ~3 minutes droney bell-like looping guitar tones and bells appear, then after ~6 min the guitar becomes more defined in a Fripp’ian rhythmic loop sense
2) begins with bells and crashing (yet mellow) cymbals, then melodic guitar chords begin to layer and the “disembodied dream pop” aspect of this becomes apparent
3) Longer track: starts with percussion, drums, chills out with guitar quickly, looping arpeggios once again smack of Fripp/Crimson
4) an Eno’sque subdued Music For Airports for first half, followed by pensive guitar looping and more soaring sustained layering that grows louder toward end
5) very chill start, guitar loops and layer and build til midway drums and searing electric guitars dominate with a Frippian arpeggio