|Artist:||Angell, Theo & The Tabernacle Hillside Singers||Added:||Dec 2007|
|Add Date:||2007-12-24||Pull Date:||2008-02-25|
|Week Ending:||Jan 6||Dec 30|
|1.||Mar 29, 2013:||Murder Ballads and Torch Songs
|3.||Jan 02, 2008:||Baptism of Solitude
|2.||Mar 15, 2012:||Nathin' To Do
In About A Half An Hour
|4.||Dec 26, 2007:||Baptism of Solitude
Freak folk, diy spirituals, and diverse usage of different roots sounds and ideas. ANGELL was a member of JACKIE-O MOTHERFUCKER and HALL OF FAME. This reminds me a bit of stranger DEVENDRA BANHART moments. Tracks are very different from each other often having different instrumentation.
1. Odd group singing, a number of acoustic guitars, and joyous in some way I can't put my finger on. Ends quiet and minimal.
**2. Slow banjo, simple with strange and funny lyrics. Finding a corpse? Eating something out of it?
3. Simple guitar and mainly voice. Rambles a bit. Unique melody line.
4. Faster guitar, almost-falsetto, something about spacesuits.
**5. Guitar more up front, repetitive ina good way.
**6. FCC Slightly psychedelic. Great song which is too bad he says fuck a few times.
7. Finger picked guitar and a different style singing. Reminds me of DEVENDRA BANHART.
8. More electric and bluesy. Poppy hippy jam.
9. A handful of vocalists making odd vocal sounds along with a slow drum.
10. Tambourine (?) and vocals. Short.
11. Minimal improvised sounding guitar and off key singing that sounds like Halloween singing.
**12. Like track 7. Folk and I hear the DEVENDRA BANHART.
13. Flute to go along with the pretty guitar.
**14. Darker and longer track. Murder ballad?
**15. Strange vocal sounds. Manipulated vocal sounds?
Good stuff. -mph
|1.||In About A Half An Hour||8.||Apparently Someone Tried To|
|2.||Crows Landing||9.||Flurdrid Mourning|
|3.||On The Willow||10.||Is The Worst Ever Best?|
|4.||Stuttgart Summertime||11.||The Golden Hour|
|6.||Have U Seen The Birds Lately?||13.||Aurelia|
|7.||Written With The Word||14.||She King|
|15.||Forward With The Veil|