A sampler of Latin jazz from three artists: Changuito (timbales), Alfredo Naranjo (vibes, perc, vox), and Horacio “El Negro” Hernandez (perc). All from Venezuela and all, as you might expect, percussion-heavy.
1. Driving, midtempo Afro-Latin instrumental for drums/sax.
*2. Upbeat and wiggly-good dance with great vibes. Fun.
*3. Fast, brassy. Sexy fem vox/chorus. Then jazzy.
4. Midtempo jazz w/some brass and a bit of smoothness.
*5. Uptempo and fun with great vibes & good vox.
6. Slow & lyrical with some good solos & a sweeping feel.
*7. Big, brassy, and percussive with solid solos from all.
8. Kids chorus then mid/upbeat with some serious vibe work.
*9. Up/mid rumba w/cool chorus. Band has some fun too.
10. Relaxed late night Latin groove, picks up a bit.
*11. Fun vox, upbeat a total wiggle-fest. Dance, people!
12. Up/midtempo fairly traditional Latin jazz. Well played.
*13. Upbeat chorus in a party song. Nicely infectious.