|Finn, Liam / I'll Be Lightning|
|Album:||I'll Be Lightning||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Finn, Liam||Added:||Feb 2008|
|Label:||Yep Roc Records|
|Add Date:||2008-02-10||Pull Date:||2008-04-13|
|Week Ending:||Apr 13||Apr 6||Mar 30||Mar 23||Mar 16||Mar 9||Mar 2||Feb 24|
|1.||Dec 23, 2022:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|4.||Nov 18, 2016:||Time Traveler |
|2.||Oct 16, 2020:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|5.||Mar 25, 2016:||Time Traveler |
|3.||Dec 07, 2018:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|6.||Dec 19, 2014:||Time Traveler |
Acoustic, sometimes quirky indie pop with synth elements out of New Zealand. Finn sometimes has an Elliott Smith quality to his voice--whispery, with high harmony overdubs, but otherwise Elliott isn't a strong comparison. This is, in a way, similar to some of the current crop of Swedish indie pop--it's just pop, but it's a bit quirky. This is a pretty enjoyable album.|
My picks: 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 10, 13 FCC: Clean.
1. mid tempo. Strong synth bass with acoustic guitar and light drums. fun feel.
2. med-fast. synth drum beat w/ acoustic and ringing electric guitar.
3. med-slow. floating, (semi-hypnotic) guitar and strings.
4. med-fast. driving and more of a full rocker than the previous songs. Has softer and more aggressive sections
5. med-slow. blippy background synth loop. acoustic guitar, vocals and background choir vocals.
6. med-slow. lullaby-like. a capella (many overdubbed vocals)
7. steals drums from Low's "just like christmas". upbeat and med-fast.
8. slower. acoustic w/ light drums and noodling electric guitar. fake ending at ~0:52 left.
9. mid tempo. acoustic guitar and light drums.
10. med-fast. brushed drums with acoustic guitar. nice melody. Big build near the end, complete with choir vocals.
11. mid-tempo. strong synth bass + acoustic guitar. darker. slightly heavier ending. distorted guitars!
12. med-slow. guitar and autoharp and very elliott smith vocals.
13. slow. guitars (acoustic, electric), light drums, multi-tracked vocals.
14. slow. piano, vocals.