Great guest stars from Africa, Cuba, Brazil, U.S. and France join with Sosa to explore African influences in US & Latin jazz. A blend of traditional instruments w/contemporary arrangements & flavors. Great stuff. Sosa’s piano leads the way on most tracks – very stylish too.
1. Mid/upbeat percussion & vocals. Too short, can lead right into #2.
*2. Starts down, kinda bluesy then gets up/mid and jazzy.
*3. Fem vox, gentle perc. Relaxed downtempo jazz. Gorgeous.
4. Soft vocal duet. Picks up into a jazz-themed Latin dance.
*5. Starts soft, dreamy. Picks up a bit. Solid Afro-jazz.
6. Downtempo, husky vox. Nice showcase for Sosa’s piano.
7. Bright, relaxed cha-cha-esque jazz meld. Cool piano.
8. Tight arrangement, mostly midtempo w/cool flute/faint vox.
9. Warm fem vox, sad, slow, w/a tragic, fragile quality.
*10. Mid/upbeat w/punctuating flourishes from band. Very cool.
11. Starts slow, nasally fem vox. Gently moving & lyrical.