|Various Artists / Best Of Folk Music From Latvia|
|Album:||Best Of Folk Music From Latvia||Collection:||World|
|Label:||Arc Music Inc.|
|Add Date:||2008-03-30||Pull Date:||2008-06-01||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||25 May||18 May||4 May||27 Apr||20 Apr||6 Apr|
|1.||Nov 05, 2011:||European Musings |
|4.||Apr 29, 2008:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Es Gulu, Gulu
|2.||May 20, 2008:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|5.||Apr 22, 2008:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Es Gulu, Gulu
|3.||May 13, 2008:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|6.||Apr 17, 2008:||world beat |
Var Gan!, Tolka
Nice compilation of music. Lots of mandolin, fiddle, flute, bagpipe, zither, plus electric and acoustic guitars, synths, & percussion. And vocals. A nice variety of tempos and sounds. Check out especially:|
1. Fem voices, mouth harp, strings. Down/midtempo, light, airy.
2. Upbeat and happy with a joyful exuberance.
4. Downtempo, a contemporary sound w/great growly male vox.
6. Starts quiet then cool snarly fem vocals then a chorus. Down/mid.
9. Bouncy mouth harp, toe-tapping perc, bagpipes. Lots of fun, energy.
10. Upbeat male vox/chorus. A total drinking song sound. Pass the ale
11. Down/midtempo flutes, strings, drone. Male vox. Dark & cool.
12. Too short (only :52) male vox/drums. Midtempo round song.
13. Midtempo flutes/strings, a slightly medieval sound, cool vocals.
15. Accordion/perc, mostly midtempo w/bouncy vocals.
16. Upbeat & happy with bright vocals & a toe-tapping melody.