|Linna, Gong / Chinese Folksongs|
|Label:||Arc Music Inc.|
|Add Date:||2008-02-24||Pull Date:||2008-04-27||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||27 Apr||20 Apr||13 Apr||23 Mar||2 Mar|
|1.||Mar 23, 2013:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Apr 10, 2008:||KZSU Un-American Activities Committee |
|2.||Apr 22, 2008:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Peach Blossom Red And Apricot Blossom White
|5.||Mar 19, 2008:||Eran Mukamel (Reaganomics) |
|3.||Apr 17, 2008:||world beat |
|6.||Mar 18, 2008:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Very traditional vocals in Chinese folk music. She has that shrill, tremulous, warbling voice called for the style and a powerful, emotive way. Backed by traditional instruments as well as viola, violin,, chello it’s not in the least over-produced or commercial. Read the extensive notes and give these a try:|
2. Midtempo and sweet w/warm strings.
4. Shrill, downtempo w/bamboo flutes & dulcimer.
5. Starts quietly, then a light, airy midtempo tune.
6. Fun, bouncy children’s song.
8. Slow and sad with lyrical strings weeping along.
9. A plinky, bounce. A children’s song w/strings.
11. Fast vocals with strings talking back. Upbeat & driving.
14. Mid/upbeat w/a more modern sound. Lots of vocal wanderings.
16. Midtempo zither and vocals. Bright & lyrical.
20. Bright, upbeat trilling & strings.
21. Midtempo flower drum song. Really pretty vocals/flute/dulcimer.